Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am always tired. when i go to work i always feel like i am going to fall asleep even though i usually get 8 hours of sleep. i would probably sleep all day if i could. it makes my SA even worse because i never feel like doing anything except for sleeping when i am tired. anyone else like this?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I use to be like that alot. I eventualy changed my eating habits and within a month felt alot better. Working out also helped me gain more energy. I also drink coffee throught the day whenever I feel tired. Maybe your eating habits need a change? Hope you figure it out soon :)

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
Yes I am like that sometimes. I think it's because sometimes I can over sleep and also I'm a vegetarian and don't eat much protein so I never really have much energy.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Are you taking an medications that might explain the drowsiness, Paxil for example?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
God..i'm tired all the time now, its been a very long week, and i've been getting plenty of sleep, eating well, exercising each day, getting sunlight, all those healthy things. It's definetly linked to depression and anxiety, it wears you out. Medications can cause that too, of course.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you taking an medications that might explain the drowsiness, Paxil for example?
i am not taking any medication and i do eat pretty healthily. i think it just because i am not that motivated to go out and do things or meet people.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I feel tired sometimes too. Several years ago, however, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatique Syndrome now know more as Epstein Barr. A doctor can usually take a blood test to see what the level is at. Being fatiqued is a major symptom of it. When I had it, I was so tired that I couldn't even make myself do stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also get very tired in the afternoon. I used to think that I had CFS but lately, I'm wondering if I am also suffering from depression. Depression is definitely co-morbid with anxiety.

I have been taking St. John's Wort (only one per day which is less than the recommended dose) and it seems to help. This herbal medication can be purchased over the counter without a prescription but do beware - it can affect some people in a negative way. Just because it is an OTC med does not make it safer than prescription drugs (words from my family doctor).

·
Registered
13 Posts
jdtm said:
I have been taking St. John's Wort (only one per day which is less than the recommended dose) and it seems to help.
A psychiatrist once told me he wished they would extract the active chemical in St. Johns Wort and make a pill he could prescribe, so it could be measured exactly. It has helped me in the past w/ depression, which could cause tiredness, as has been mentioned.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what does st. john's wort help you with? does it help you with your depression or with your anxiety?

·
Potato
1,002 Posts
I'm more tired after I wake up after sleeping 8 hours, than being up for like 48 hours. It's truly a mystery. So last night I worked from 11pm-7am. I was the most tired at work on my breaks - 12:30am and 2:30am, and now that it's 8:40am and time for me to sleep, I can't. Maybe I'm just riled up from work or something though. I don't get how 8 hours just isn't enough sleep for me - I'm almost dead. I need like 12 to feel normal. No meds either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I get soooo tired too, its all the pressure from having to try to be confident and and not show my SA, even going shopping for 20 minutes is like running a marathon!!!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I'm tired all the time too, I'm sure it partly has to do with the fact that I usually go to bed at 4am. I usually sleep for 10 hours when I go to bed.

I know alot of it has to do with my unending depression and constant worrying if people are judging me. It's a constant struggle and alot of hard work just making it from day to day.

·
Be One With the Poo
416 Posts
When I'm at home, I'm tired but I don't go to sleep. When I'm not at home, all I want to do is sleep. But my constant fatigue and sleepiness is caused by an iron imbalance so I don't know if it has something to do with my SA or not.

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
darkangel said:
I'm more tired after I wake up after sleeping 8 hours, than being up for like 48 hours. It's truly a mystery. So last night I worked from 11pm-7am. I was the most tired at work on my breaks - 12:30am and 2:30am, and now that it's 8:40am and time for me to sleep, I can't. Maybe I'm just riled up from work or something though. I don't get how 8 hours just isn't enough sleep for me - I'm almost dead. I need like 12 to feel normal. No meds either.
Yes, I did 12am-8am for a few years at work (now work eves, with some 12-8am overtimes).....Drink coffee all night to stay awake, time goes by slooow.....Wide awake when you leave work, only sleep in naps, always tired....Then on your first day off from work, you sleep like 14 hours....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts