Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Winter Is Coming.
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a recent College graduate and I am currently looking for a job while working Part-time retail. Phone call interviews don't phase me at all but I ALWAYS get stuck at in-person interviews. I always build up the anxiety and fear of me failing and am stuck in this mentality. I can never speak confident or have clear thoughts while interviewing. I focus on the fear of failing rather than an opportunity to succeed.

I need some tips from folks on how to get rid of this anxiety that is constantly manifested in me before every interview? Whether it's a herbal supplement, types of exercises: physical or mental, or anything else?

I need something to break into my life soon or I'm going to go nuts!

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
Does your college career office offer alumni practice interviews? My nervousness at interviews problem continue, and I haven't mastered it either, but it's the same stage adage practice makes perfect to refine your interview story.

I am a low-level manager and interview people seasonally. I even get nervous going to interview people.

The only advice I can possibly give is take your time to articulate and enunciate no matter how nervous and stuttering you are. Remember the person on the other end is just some animal descended from primates, earthly stuffs, and solar power and not sent down from heaven.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts