Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's no set rules for how to act socially but does anyone have any good tips for how to build up confidence, for example when networking at work? or socially? How to build up the confidence to speak in a group? and do it effectively? General tips...

Been making progress but needing some advice in this area :eek:

·
Registered
609 Posts
i dunno how to buiuld self confidence exactly but its easy to make good conversation...most people LOVE to talk about themselves so when they bring something up, keep asking them questions, act interested even if you arent(i know im not 80% of the time)....at work or at social gatherings im completely putting on an act that im interested in people and their lives, is that a mean thing to say???not all the time but most of the time...

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you are too self confident in a social situation when talking to the opposite sex or something. then it helps me a lot if I focus on my forehead while talking.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im thinking more along the lines of talking louder, more clearly, eye-contact, maybe i know it all i just need to find the balls to try applying it!

i dont think its natural to just kid on you are listening cause a) you'll get found out b) its not very enjoyable and c) it's tiring!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like to workout so I think of socializing much like a workout routine..do a little bit each day, do not skip days and go a little bit further each day.

sometimes at the mall I'll go and ask.
Hey I don't normally do this but you seem kinda cute and I just had to ask for your number, I promise I'm not a weird/stalker etc etc guy..you can give me a fake one if your not interested.

try this 3 times in a 5 minute span

hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts