Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lost
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I know it's not a disorder, and I know there's no cure; but I just feel the need to vent right now considering it's stopping me from getting any sleep.

Basically, I can't fall asleep in silence. Sometimes it keeps me up all night which is partly why I'm always so fricking tired. :sus

Does anyone else suffer from this annoying problem?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have Tinnitus since I was 15, it got real loud about 4 years ago and I almost ended up in the physico ward. Stupid life gives me SA ruins my social life then gives me Tinnitus which drives you insane 24/7. Sorry you have this condition, I remember crying and pulling my hair out at night prying to die.

·
raWr
142 Posts
Sorry to dredge up and old thread, but this annoying issue is current I keeping me awake too. One ear is affected, and upstairs noises from adjacent apartments only exacerbates the problem.

I am so tired, my work schedule is so random....

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I have it, too. I have like a howling in my ears and I hate it and I hope it goes away sometime. I got it when I went off some prescription drugs.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Okay so I know it's not a disorder, and I know there's no cure; but I just feel the need to vent right now considering it's stopping me from getting any sleep.

Basically, I can't fall asleep in silence. Sometimes it keeps me up all night which is partly why I'm always so fricking tired. :sus

Does anyone else suffer from this annoying problem?
I also have tinnitus which was caused by TMJ disorder. I get constant buzzing and ringing in my ears. There were times I felt like stabbing my ears with a pencil lol.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The only thing I've found that helps is to try and ignore it. Just let it do it's thing and try not to focus on it. I know that's not very helpful and it's easier said than done, but certainly my tinnitus gets worse if I pay attention to it. I can even bring it on just by thinking about it, as has just happened. So thanks. ;)

·
Out of here
1,680 Posts
As a general measure, anyone suffering from tinnitus should have their ears cleaned out by a hearing professional. Sometimes the noise is due to pressure on the tympanum due to accumulated ear wax.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm with you. Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, & Tinnitus. Thanks a lot life. Not only do I not want to be around people and feel like killing myself a lot now being alone is frustrating as well!

·
Advanced Industries
2,999 Posts
I suffer from this as well. I need some sort of background noise at night otherwise it drives me crazy (atm I'm using my pc's graphics card fans) for that white noise like sound. I wish I knew how I got it, as I don't even know....

I wish even more there was a cure.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Some medications can cause tinnitus I believe. For me I think it's most likely due to hearing damage, probably from using headphones.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have it, too. Most of the time I forget that it's even there, until I start thinking about it.
Me too. I've had it constantly all my life; and I only just noticed it again when I saw this thread. My best advice for people with mild to moderate tinnitus, whose doctors have checked and said they can't help, is to ignore it, especially if it's accompanied by high-toned nerve hearing loss.
I (try to) ignore it because I know it's not going to go away, there are no easy solutions, and the more I look for solutions, the more I'm reinforcing my mind to notice it.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Yep, medication is the singular culprit for mine
I'm w/o any medication in my system for a few months now, but this side effect is still persisting. Fortunately mine's only a background murmur

Although on second thought, the hearing on my right ear has never been strong; it's where my tinnitus occurs - so maybe that is a factor

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have tinnitus in my right ear like low pitch phone line noise.

I've been taking ginkgo biloba extract but it's not had any effect.

It's normally caused by listening to loud noise or physical trauma but in my case neither apply so it's Meniere's disease, high blood pressure or vascular malformation in the ear.

·
Life is funny
1,688 Posts
So yeah in addition to all the other crap I have going on I developed Tinnitus after withdrawing from Celexa.

If anyone else has had this happen due to meds please let me know. I am scared to death to try anything else (for depression) because if this ringing in my ears gets any worse I really don't know what I'll do...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts