Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mentioning no names. Why are so many threads closed around here. Ive never had the experience of moderating a forum, but from the view point of a user, no one asks you stay if a thread gets out of hand. And If people get nasty then they should be and are dealt with. I just find it a little unsettling the amount of threads that are closed for what i perceive to be very minor reasons.

*Puts on flame proof suit

Ok, hit me

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Someone reads a comment/post that doesn't align with their own personal beliefs. They report thread. Thread is then closed.

There is a specific name for this, but I can't seem to remember what it is right now... I think it starts with a "C".

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Someone reads a comment/post that doesn't align with their own personal beliefs. They report thread. Thread is then closed.

There is a specific name for this, but I can't seem to remember what it is right now... I think it starts with a "C".
I would like to know that word. :lol

We close threads for many reasons - too many attacks, topic veers off original intention, nudity, online pharmacies, spam, etc....
We try to explain why - it must not come across very well sometimes.

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
Threads should only be closed if one of the guidelines has been broken. However, you should be glad that a forum exists for raising issues like this. On a very similar website criticising a moderator is against the rules.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.