Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THQ's going out of business, they sold a bunch of studios, and they are in alot of debt. UFC, and I think Saints Row, and WWE, Warhammer, and Metro 2020 are going to be published by some 1 else. I thnk they somehow kept Nick and Disney. Maybe the new publishers will make the developers make another.....DESTROY ALL HUMANS! Anyway poor THQ, please don't die :(

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
THQ has been around for a long time, so it's sad to see them going through this. I'm a huge fan of the Warhammer franchise, I hope it falls into capable hands.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
where games are heading to -

from http://icrontic.com/article/the-end-of-thq
  • Sega agreed to purchase Relic
  • Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
  • Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
  • Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve and
  • Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park
  • Company of Heroes 2 just went to SEGA. We're not sure what this means for the team working on it yet.
  • Metro Last Light and Saints Row goes to Koch Media, parent company of Deep Silver, publishers of Dead Island
  • Homefront goes to Crytek
  • South Park: Stick of Truth goes to Ubisoft, as well as the THQ Montreal team
  • "Evolve" goes to Take 2

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Sad... a statement on mid-level publishing as a whole. Vigil Games is in the lurch and there go more jobs.

Neither EA nor Activision made a move and Patrice Desilets is back with Ubisoft...

·
Banned
3,670 Posts
Just hope that Metro and Saints Row can continue as planned. More Red Faction would be nice as well.

·
Lookin' for the sky...
251 Posts

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
I've never played their games, but it is indeed terrible. Our economy sucks and it definitely affects our hobby in a bad way. Some studios get shut down too fast. I've actually heard that the amount of developers and publishers who have gone out of business have increased a lot since last generation.

Which is one of the reasons why if next gen is just about significantly increasing the power of the consoles, I have absolutely no interest in it.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Publishers like movie studios come and go. They gamble on games. If the game flops they lose. If the game sells they profit. Today, game budgets are getting larger so the gamble is getting bigger. A few bad bets and your studio goes under.

As in gambling the guys with the biggest bank win because they can weather runs of bad luck better.

·
God. Also bored
10,229 Posts
Why? is it cause the 'Muricans dont feature this time? I think it looks pretty good this and GTA will be the only games im buying this year.
Nope Killing waves of Russians just gets boring at least watching the Americans die was amusing. That and listening to their units scream in Russian would of annoyed the **** out of me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts