Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i thought i would share since it's kinda encouraging...

when i was posting around a year ago, a guy from around here (who also has social anxiety) read my posts and visited my website and blog. he emailed me and we began to chat on instant messenger. we decided to meet and started hanging out.

saturday will be our one year anniversary of when we first met (in person), with august 2nd being the day we became "more than friends." (yeah we moved fast.)

i was sure that with my social issues, finding a significant other would not be possible, or at least not happen for a very long time. now i am so happy and very much in love. thank you, social anxiety support forum!

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I too met my husband on a shyness oriented site, almost 10 years ago. I am grateful for him every single day. He is my guardian angel, and I love him. Despite all my shortcomings, my faults, the stresses and strains my character puts on our relationship, he loves me.

I am happy for you, it sounds wonderful!
Leo

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
The internet is good for something afterall, Who'da thunk it? ;) :lol

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Very cool. Congrats. :yes I wish I had a similar story but I do not...yet. There are a lot of great girls on here so maybe someday...

·
Registered
527 Posts
not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i thought i would share since it's kinda encouraging...

when i was posting around a year ago, a guy from around here (who also has social anxiety) read my posts and visited my website and blog. he emailed me and we began to chat on instant messenger. we decided to meet and started hanging out.

saturday will be our one year anniversary of when we first met (in person), with august 2nd being the day we became "more than friends." (yeah we moved fast.)

i was sure that with my social issues, finding a significant other would not be possible, or at least not happen for a very long time. now i am so happy and very much in love. thank you, social anxiety support forum!
What a fantastic story! Congratulations to the pair of you. :clap

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations!
I met the first girl I ever seriously dated on an SA board, then we moved together, and then we got married... :)

To all you guys who think it's hopeless - I thought the same as you, just 4 years ago. I had zero hopes of ever finding anyone, I wasn't even looking, I was actually still living with my parents.
It didn't happen in a single day, it was a series of small things which finally led me to where I am today.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congratulations!
I met the first girl I ever seriously dated on an SA board, then we moved together, and then we got married... :)

To all you guys who think it's hopeless - I thought the same as you, just 4 years ago. I had zero hopes of ever finding anyone, I wasn't even looking, I was actually still living with my parents.
It didn't happen in a single day, it was a series of small things which finally led me to where I am today.
Its great to hear success stories. Like you I am not even looking because I don't think it will ever happen and feel to screwed up. Congrats to all of you. I just hope I am lucky enough to find the girl for me one day.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your boyfriend!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow, great news to hear.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts