Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems like most of the people here have incredible difficulty making friends, myself included. This may seem like a bad idea because it can be potentially dangerous depending on the person, but there should be some way to make it easier for the people on here to meet. Perhaps to make it less scary/potentially dangerous people could meet in groups in public. I don't know, just an idea. Writing about your troubles is helpful, but if we are all socially troubled shouldn't we be practicing with actual people. Yes of course we should, but for most of us it is way to scary. However, I think I would be much more comfortable talking with someone if I know they have similar difficulties. So anyway I'm tired of writing about how I want to live, I have to put it into practice if I ever want to feel better about my life.

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
Actually meeting people on this board would freak me out.....:hide

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think starting out by talking on the phone would be a safe option. Although on the phone I tend to be at my socially akwardest since I use a lot of body language and take long pauses when I when converse, and those things are obviously hard to get across on the phone.

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
It's impossible. Unless someone here is rich enough to sponsor me an air ticket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.