Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this site. I can be free to be who I am and not hide my SA and be worried about freaking people out and I'm getting so much from reading posts. I find it to have a healing power.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love this site. I can be free to be who I am and not hide my SA and be worried about freaking people out and I'm getting so much from reading posts. I find it to have a healing power.
same

around people i'm trying to cover up holes in what I find abnormal about myself so i can fit in, its exhausting and I can't act naturally

i can't come out and say i have anxiety to everyone because some don't care, some will be turned off, some can't relate, it would be embarrassing and i'm always trying to run from embarrassing things

·
Neither Enemy Nor Friend
412 Posts
i dont like facebook to a certain degree. here is nice. kinda wish i chatted with someone here on a regular basis though.

·
SAS Member
939 Posts
I really am glad I found this site, because I was getting to miss communicating with others. Although I can't see you all face to face, it's nice to know you are all here and I really appreciate reading everyone's input on topics relating to SA. Many thanks to all of you.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Facebook is full of people's pictures of them partying and all that crap, it makes me feel inadequate.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I like Facebook for the most part. I'm completely open about my social anxiety and I actually found out through Facebook that a schoolmate of mine (who I thought was more social than me, kinda popular) has social anxiety, too! And then I found out her boyfriend's mom does and it was just awesome. Without Facebook I probably never would've known. I mean yeah, you can find people with social anxiety here but it's just awesome to find that out about someone you know in real life, ya know? I used to not say anything about my anxiety disorders but I got tired of feeling like I had to hide. I guess it's in my personality to HAVE to feel as free as possible so...yeah, I think that makes it easier for me to enjoy Facebook.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Don't use facebook. I know I'd be fake and uncomfortable on it. I can only be myself here.
I feel the same way, most people on facebook are fake and only discuss the most superficial topics like partying or who has the most "friends". :roll
When I'm on this site I feel like I can reveal my true self and actually identify with my fellow SA's. :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I've never been to facebook so I'll have to take your word on it. :)

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I don't really use Facebook, or any of the other social networking sites. I don't see the point, like others have said, it's just people chatting about the last party they went to or who they're currently ****ing. I love this site, since I can communicate with like minded people and feel that I'm understood.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I love this site! :sas

·
Registered
760 Posts
totally agree :)

I have some inhibitions still but it's slowly going away on here because so many people agree and understand with what I say and I agree with thing they say or feel about SA and being depressed etc.

Good on you :heart

·
Registered
6 Posts
totally

this site is so theraputic for me! whenever i am feeling alone in this, i come on here and read everyone elses posts.

facebook definitely isn't the same... i feel obligated to put on a smile and fake happiness so i wont burden others. here feels more comfortable :]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts