Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seriously don't like confirming friend requests because Im afraid they will judge me harshly because i don't have many friends on facebook...

Does Anyone else do this?

Its pretty ridiculous...and I know it.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
i want to have facebook but im afraid if i get it the few friends i have will see i have no other friends and that im pretty much a loner. I think that I will lose them once they see my real social life and i don't want that to happen because there the only people i got.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want to have facebook but im afraid if i get it the few friends i have will see i have no other friends and that im pretty much a loner. I think that I will lose them once they see my real social life and i don't want that to happen because there the only people i got.
Yeah, thats pretty much how i feel

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Yeah, thats pretty much how i feel
i just tell them facebook is for 14 year old girls and try to give them a hard time about it until someone changes the subject...and then someone will change the subject to girls and ill still be the odd man out:blank

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have ~350 people on my friends list... and only 3 or 4 of them are my friends. Most of the others I've barely spoken to, ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
and I thought I was the only one who felt like this lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
I joined Facebook just to see what it was about and accumulated about 45 friends , mostly people I knew from my teen years who have their own families and lives and I only got ignored once . lol . I only kept in contact with my brothers and a few other friends . It was mostly silly pokes and drinks that I couldn't even taste . I quit drinking anyway . So I decided to quit Facebook. I have nothing in common with normal people. :afr

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
The one thing I don't like if it's someone from my past is that they will most likely want to catch up and talk. That's when I usually get the "What's your number?", and that's when the panic sets in.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
what about you request friends?

there's a connection thread for facebook links start there.
you have to start with 1 friend tho. Im afraid that 1 person will look on my page and see they are the only friend I have. You can't just start with 300 friends doesn't work that way.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
You could always spam friend requests. Send out a hundred to random people with a lot of friends already, and I'm sure you get accepted by a few of them.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
You could always spam friend requests. Send out a hundred to random people with a lot of friends already, and I'm sure you get accepted by a few of them.
this brings up another thing. I'm afraid someone will post something on my wall before i get the chance to delete it. Has anyone had something like this happen? For example i was kinda a loser in high school but at my workplace im acceped by everyone. I dont want someone from my past to say something like "hey its that shy kid". It would ruin my reputation at work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
haha, i think this also. i avoided facebook for so long because of this and my friends going "she only has 78 friends *cackle*cackle*" okay, they never said that... i just created that in my mind.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Naw, I've actually became pretty well-known around my campus. It's like a blessing and curse, cuz a lot of people know that I get nervous when I'm put on the spot.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I know this probably wont make a difference...But you can add me if you want. I promise I wont say things like, "Hey, you haven't logged on to your Social Anxiety account in like 2 hours...Where r u?" :)

·
📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
6,569 Posts
I have 5 friends on my facebook account, and anyone I know who sees that will be startled that I can accumulate so many. I don't plan on any more.

Having hundreds of "friends" should be more embarrassing, since that means you can't really value them much and won't have time for them, or you're just collecting strangers like a silly competition.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts