Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to "get out of my shell" and open up more and try to talk to more new people. The only people my age I see are my Sister's friends or people she knows. I figured to start trying to talk to them and see how it goes. People talked normally to me and it felt good, but my Sister got mad at me she told me there not my friends why do I suddenly want to talk to them and to butt out of her business.

I sense a problem, that she was happy when I didnt talk, and now she sees me as a threat as if i'm going to "steal" her friends away from her. She always was like this she never let her friends get involved much with me and she was happy with it like that. Now i'm getting more confident with people and she seems angry at me.

Oh well, sucks for her, it makes me happy to talk to people and i'm not going to steal any of her friends but being they all live near me why be a stranger?

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Go for it! If she can't hack it ,to bad!! It is not like her friends are labeled for just her use,lol. I mean c'mon! That is just plain silly really......... tell her she is NOT helping you with goals and being a supportive sister that way maybe she will smarten' up alittle..................
So do it!! Make friends where and when you can !!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Oh well, sucks for her, it makes me happy to talk to people and i'm not going to steal any of her friends but being they all live near me why be a stranger?
That's the right attitude. I would talk to my brother's friends because I didn't have any of my own. My brothers were angry when I would hang out with them but they can't control who you talk to. Do what makes you happy, she'll eventually get over it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts