Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

0:38 of the video

It happens way to often to me, my friends who know me a little better just keep rambling on when I say something which is a lot of the time, so I usually only mumble out 2 or 3 words before someone stops me.

It's one of the reasons why I never talk really, always worrying about if someone will say something when I do.. so pathetic. :boogie

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
I thought the interviewee came off really well there. He was asked a really cheeky question and he just shrugged and said, "What, you want me to get mad about that?" I should think the interviewer felt pretty stupid - he certainly looked it!

Edit: oh, I'm being dumb, you meant the next segment, right?

·
:/
957 Posts
I hope your friends aren't as bad as Chris Matthews because he interrupts everyone. :p
I have the same problem but only when talking to certain people. They will even walk away or talk to someone else in the middle of something I'm saying. I don't think it is intentional. I think it might be more them than you. You have important things to talk about too! If you can already see they are distracted, then just keep it short. Maybe say their name first to get their attention and speak a little louder. Try to have eye contact too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.