Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
wifi2010012-
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my social anxiety disorder how i feel. I have a job i talk to people at my job and i don't have any physical anxiety. But the thing that kills me the most are my thoughts, i forget to mention i am slow to warm up personality. And i am naturally more quiet, I am not the kind of guy who is centre of attention and will be always cracking the jokes and stuff like some extroverts do, but from time to time i will say some jokes, talk to people and stuff. The thing that kills me is that girls usually approach popular guys or easy going guys and when i see that they always get attention from girls i get so jealous feeling and i get deppressed. So even if you didn't have social anxiety you have to still find a way for girls to notice you or you search for girl who is more quiet like me. So the thing that makes me mad is why is it only that social butterflyes get all the attention from girls, even if a quiet guy is good looking it doesn't get you too far.

Plz respond i would appreciate it thx.

·
Registered
249 Posts
its simple really. girls are more likely to approach guys they think are interested in them. if you are shy they don't realize you are interested in them and don't approach you. thats not to say that its a simple thing to be more outgoing and flirt with girls or anything... but as a woman i can say that i rarely approach guys myself unless they are friendly to me first. no doubt part of it is because of my anxiety, but i think a lot of girls think it should be up to the guy to approach them. its totally unfair and a double standard... but thats just the way it is. the only real advice i can offer is to try being friendly... if you're all locked up inside yourself no one will notice you (or rather they may notice you, but not find you approachable) no matter how hard you wish they would. in a sense you get what you give. so you have to practice giving more.

good luck... :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts