Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was prescribed Escigress, and I liked how calm it made me feel. But I wanted to feel that way without the meds, and I took few steps that gradually made me feel better. To be honest, its nothing close to how the pill made me feel, the anxiety is there, but it is not as severe as it used to be before the pill.
1. Stopped drinking Tea and Coffee.
2. Started meditating and breathing exercise.
3. Going to gym and lifting weight.
4. I try to find what thought or feeling is causing the issue and nullify it. There usually is something in the back of your mind. The subconscious can be your worst enemy or your best friend.
5. Think of it like a storm that will pass. It usually does within 30 min, 60 min for the bad ones.
6. I watch anxiety memes and think to myself I'm thinking too much. Worrying is pointless.
7. Do things for others. It makes you feel good about yourself and stop bad feelings like you deserve this. You don't deserve it, nobody does.
8. Believe. Knowing that you can stop it is a huge part of the puzzle and can help you get off of medication. Your mind works just as good without the side effects.

·
long hard times to come
410 Posts
I've cut out all my anxiety and depression meds cold turkey a few months back. I just felt sluggish and got constant head aches from it. I think I'm going to try a more holistic approach too. Though cutting back on tea will be hard for me, but I'll try. I'll try to implement points 4-8 too. Glad it's working out for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts