Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I'm just having a high moment, or maybe a switch in my head just turned on...but while outside today I just finally became so coiled up in my head I don't think the tension could bear it anymore and I essentially "snapped".

SA is so stupid. Why am I being such a coward and letting my fears control my life? I am above some chemical signal in my brain. I am a sentient human being. I have the ability to overwrite some mere chemicals and allow my willpower to dictate what I do. Why am I afraid of women when there are some of them clearly looking at me only turned off by my negative facial expressions? Why am I afraid to get involved? It's COMPLETELY absurd, no person should have to live like that!

Today, I'm going to go out and live life and see what happens. Somehow, I think regardless of my actions everyone will still be here tomorrow. The universe won't implode, nothing bad will happen, the only consequence is that for a change I might feel alive. For that I'm willing to face my fears and risk everything. I refuse to live in the dark anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts