Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started positive self-talk since the last therapy session and it works. I can already feel the growing confidence within myself. It sometimes feels like denial rather than positive thinking but getting better is what matters. :D

·
Banned
160 Posts
I have been told to keep a positive thoughts notebook and record at least one thought about the church's service that day I find positive, or just record a thought I can see throughout my day or have in my life. I haven't gotten around to it but, definitely, today is a must. Your post has inspired me to do so. :)

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I started positive self-talk since the last therapy session and it works. I can already feel the growing confidence within myself. It sometimes feels like denial rather than positive thinking but getting better is what matters. :D
Keep doing the positive self-talk. Pretty soon it will feel a lot more like reality than denial :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Keep it up, it is believe it or not as easy (still long hard process) I should say simple as that. Positivity and when you start thinking negative, stop, replace them with positive thoughts. Because ALL of the negative thoughts we have are complete crap, its just our fears mind scaring us. You heard it hear folks positive thinking is the first step.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yay! It helps a lot to try self talk in the morning, in the mirror or playing in the background before you start your day.

About the denial part, new thoughts can seem conflicting, but remember what you are really saying when you use positive self talk is that "this is the way I CHOOSE to be" or the way you CHOOSE to think. So it's not really denying anything, just a different direction. And new thoughts always need more time and repetition to become more automatic, so keep it up. :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Good for you! I have found it to be helpful, too! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats!

Though I am recovered, I still start every day by reading a notebook I have full of inspirational quotes and things I want to achieve in my life. It really helps get your day going in the right direction, and I feel it attracts more positivity into your life.

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
I've found it helpful to keep a log of all the compliments you've ever received, no matter where or when. Everytime someone says something nice about you, write it down when you back home. Also keep a log of your achievements.

Look over these when you are feeling down and they should help elevate your mood.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yep it works for me. It's easy to forget how much our perception comes into play when we interpret what we think is reality. Really, positive thinking isn't denial, it's just putting a different spin on how you interpret what you experience. Example: One person might interpret a traffic jam as a hassle and get angry. Another might see it as an excuse listen to music and relax in his/her car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts