Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you have experienced this? I am a pretty much inactive FB user. I have never posted a single thing since i set it up about 8 years ago. I only logged in to check on a few people's status from time to time. And even this, i have not done in months. I broke up with my only bf ever about a year ago and i have no desire to see or know whatever he is up to because that would kill me and make me feel like a loser every second.

Which is why it is driving me crazy when FB decided to start sending me email when he updates his status. I mean why now? I can't take it. I tried to log on to see if i can do anything to turn that off, but i realized i did not subscribe to anyone, not even him.

And i also realize not all his status updates were sent to my email, only selected few, and damn it, those fews are the ones i would be jealous of the most... since he were with his gf and all... i can't take this, and don't know how to deal with it either... is that some thing he did? i don't use FB so don't know it so well, but i doubt there is such function for him to selectively send me some of his status updates? Or is there? Is he doing this on purpose?

This bugs me so much.... i can't get it out of my mind. I wish i can confirm it some how but how? I don't know.. i hate this

·
A Mountain With Wings
2,281 Posts
You can unsubscribe from getting emails from facebook by clicking on the email you received, scrolling to the bottom, and clicking the unsubscribe hyperlink near the end of the message. It will take you to the site just to confirm if you want to do it. Should look like this:

This message was sent to (fill in the blank email). If you don't want to receive these emails from Facebook in the future, please unsubscribe.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Facebook seems to like doing annoying stuff like that. And no, there is no such function like that on FB. Maybe in the past you used to view his profile a lot or something, so that's why Facebook is sending you updates from him. I can't be sure though.

You should definitely do what EastWinds suggested. But also, if you go to his profile and roll over the "friends" thing on the right side. There will be something that says "Show in newsfeed". Click on it to uncheck it and you should no longer see any of his posts.

I think it would be a better idea to just completely delete him off your FB though. Is there a reason you still keep him as a friend on there?

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
Do you have him on your favourites list? I used to have that and got notifications every time they updated their status (Really annoying feature). And as Silverbells said you can uncheck the show in newsfeed.
Maybe you could deactivate? Or register your account under a different email? I never use my Facebook either other than to check my newsfeed.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I would recommend removing him or blocking him. There is no point in putting yourself through hurt!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts