Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think this is the right spot for something like this anyway

I'm thinking of quitting because of the fact i'm afraid I won't be able to pay my school debt back. I have no job because of my SA and when I graduate I will owe them 60 grand within 10 years of graduating. After 10 years i'm not really sure what will happen but I know that's do able if I get a job with my degree but what if I never overcome this then i'll be in debt forever. Right now my parents are paying it's 25 dollars a month but they can't keep paying forever because i'm sure when I graduate it will go up more and probably won't stay 25 dollars a month. Right now I owe 20 grand and really thinking I should stop. Especially since i'm still not sure if this is exactly what I want to do.

Then there's always the chance that I can overcome my SA in time and be able to get a job to pay the debt but i don't know if I want to take that chance and I know my parents will be disappointed since I have wasted there money that could of gone to other things. I also know that if I keep going and I might be able to graduate but still.

So I don't know what to do. I want to quit but than a part of me says not to.

·

63,267 Posts
Try to look for on-campus jobs at your school,even if the pay is little, it is better than nothing. You probably wouldn't want to get a job involving people, but sometimes you'll have to do things that you won't like to do. Answering phone calls,helping out students,but it'll help you with your social anxiety in some way. Not only getting some money, but getting experience and using that experience to help you possibly get other jobs that pay more.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Try to look for on-campus jobs at your school,even if the pay is little, it is better than nothing. You probably wouldn't want to get a job involving people, but sometimes you'll have to do things that you won't like to do. Answering phone calls,helping out students,but it'll help you with your social anxiety in some way. Not only getting some money, but getting experience and using that experience to help you possibly get other jobs that pay more.
Thing with that is the actual campus is in Utah, so i'm doing their online school and the the other thing is I can't talk over the phone or in person because I become petrified and almost pass out. So thats why i'm having doubts.

thas not a good idea! stay in university!
Yeah, maybe you're right and I should stay, since theres a possibility everything will work out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there, I'm having a similar dilemma myself so I understand what you're going through! I don't know if you've finished this year of university yet or that you still have some exams to go, but I'd say definitely try to finish this year if you haven't yet. It will give you more time to think about what you really want to do instead of having to make rash decisions about big life things.
Good luck and remember that you might not get another chance of going to university, but that you can always go to work.

·
Don't Stop Believin'
912 Posts
I've thought about quitting school many times also, but more for the reasons of loneliness and honestly not knowing what the heck I was doing there in the first place. The debt add-on is far from pleasant too.

In the long run however having a college degree is far better than not having one. Try to find a part-time job on the side, I need to do that as well :)

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
Why dont you transfer to a community college, or get a trade and work for a bit and pay it of bit by bit.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
And this is why I attended a community college right in my hometown. If I were to go to a university, I don't think I would survive. I don't understand how people enjoy those universities that are known as the party places full of hot people. I would die if I was in any of those schools.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
I went to one of those places and there are a lot less hot people than people think.
I've been hearing about University of Arizona being so much into parties, frats, sororities, and "hot people" with all the "hot events" they go to. I've been to Tucson but I've never even seen that college when I was over there. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts