Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Forever Young
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love my faith in god, who has always been my rock, after a incident. I accidentally took too much of a certain medication, and i went into cardiac arrest, twice in the same day. a off duty nurse was present when i collapsed in a parking lot. she brought me back through chest compression.

then again at the hospital when they brought me back by stabbing my in the heart with a needle filled with atropine.

i didnt see any light, i didnt see or hear god, like i always believed i would upon death. death for me was simply darkness and silence. I then went atheist, then to agnostic.

god has always been a big part in my life, and i dont know if turning my back to him was the right choice.

how can i regain my faith. i feel more alone now than ever, and need something to believe in.

help me please.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
i love my faith in god, who has always been my rock, after a incident. I accidentally took too much of a certain medication, and i went into cardiac arrest, twice in the same day. a off duty nurse was present when i collapsed in a parking lot. she brought me back through chest compression.

then again at the hospital when they brought me back by stabbing my in the heart with a needle filled with atropine.

i didnt see any light, i didnt see or hear god, like i always believed i would upon death. death for me was simply darkness and silence. I then went atheist, then to agnostic.

god has always been a big part in my life, and i dont know if turning my back to him was the right choice.

how can i regain my faith. i feel more alone now than ever, and need something to believe in.

help me please.
You just made the first move. You call on God, and especially with a second person in agreement - He will come through. Right now, that's a good start!

I will send a prayer for you, too.

·
Forever Young
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, you did not actually die, so that may explain the lack of anything happening.
when your heart stops beating for 2-3 minutes at a time, that is death. I dont understand how it can be viewed any other way??

my heart stopped beating for 2-3 minutes, twice in the same day, but i was revived from death.

not sure i understand your logic. care to explain?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Maybe you weren't dead for very long? Some people experience blackness for a few minutes then they are aware of their body and get pulled somewhere. It's possible your soul didn't leave your body.

·
Forever Young
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe you weren't dead for very long? Some people experience blackness for a few minutes then they are aware of their body and get pulled somewhere. It's possible your soul didn't leave your body.
I was certainly dead. People told me my skin was blue and purple, because my heart wasnt beating.

but maybe you are right. maybe my soul just didnt leave my body.

hmmm

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Just because you had no out of body experience, doesn't mean God doesn't exist...

God give a perfect description of who He is, and how to know He exists. We don't make the rules, because we want, think, need, or feel anything....

He is Sovereign, and we can't expect to know His will always... He does work in mysterious ways, and His way are NOT our ways, His Thoughts are NOT our thoughts.

I was electrocuted and was dead in 1971... I didn't have a out of body experience either, and was in a coma for 4 months.

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
This. Bc my aunt has seizures,had em for a while and one day she stopped. Breathing. And she saw him..although she has a close r-ship w him.

Maybe u were afraid to leave ur body,maybe.

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
Just because you had no out of body experience, doesn't mean God doesn't exist...

God give a perfect description of who He is, and how to know He exists. We don't make the rules, because we want, think, need, or feel anything....

He is Sovereign, and we can't expect to know His will always... He does work in mysterious ways, and His way are NOT our ways, His Thoughts are NOT our thoughts.

I was electrocuted and was dead in 1971... I didn't have a out of body experience either, and was in a coma for 4 months.
Amen to this, there's. Too much evidence to deny His existence.

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
when your heart stops beating for 2-3 minutes at a time, that is death. I dont understand how it can be viewed any other way??

my heart stopped beating for 2-3 minutes, twice in the same day, but i was revived from death.

not sure i understand your logic. care to explain?
It could be said that it was "not your time".

Further, if you could be revived, can it be said that you were truly dead, since it was reversible (?). You were, at least, potentially alive. If you had experienced something, would not that have closed the door, creating a contradiction with being potentially alive (?). This dovetails in with the first point. Could a dead person create this thread?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well, you did not actually die, so that may explain the lack of anything happening.
Yeah this was what I was thinking also. you may have been physically dead, but your soul never left the physical world. Because it was not your time to die, you didn't see God or Heaven. I think when people say they died and saw heaven and were brought back to life...I think maybe sometimes its because they just had a dream or vision, but maybe not necessarily actually saw heaven or God. or maybe they did, but it doesn't matter...God has a purpose for everyone and maybe some people will and won't see Him and be brought back to life, but i would think probably God would not do that, but who knows? only He knows. Plus, Jesus wasn't resurrected until after three days...but Idk how long that is in the afterlife?! lol We really just don't know.

When I get confused and worry about this or that and have so many questions for God, I remind myself that God did not call on us to understand...but He did call on us to be understanding.

I think it would help a lot if you joined a church and became friends with people there...especially a Bible study group. praying with others really helps you guys strengthen your relationship with God.

there were times when I was really weak in my faith in God and I almost felt like I didn't believe in Him anymore, because it was during a difficult time in my life...that's when God really tests our faith in Him. you can't just believe when things are going well...you have to believe during the good and the bad. it's really hard, but God will pay u back for all the trouble you went through if you stay faithful. that's what i believe.

read books on strengthening your relationship with God...i read some from time to time and they really inspire me and renew me and make me excited to serve God. and remember that it's okay that sometimes you don't feel excited about serving God, because sometimes u will get bored with life and unmotivated...it happens. i hope this helps a bit. don't be afraid. God will help you. He loves you. just do your best for Him, that's all He asks. God bless.

·
Forever Young
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i guess it just wasn't my time. maybe god chose not to reveal himself to me, because he knew that I would be brought back to life.

who knows. its all very confusing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Some people have out of body experiences and others simply don't. Some people turn Christian after being atheist and having an out of body experience. However, I can understand why a lack of this experience would be disheartening since you might have expected it, or heard of it happening to others.

But the truth is that there is a vast amount of knowledge and mysteries that aren't meant for human understanding. I can't tell what you should or should not believe, that is completely up to you to do your own soul searching. The main core of practically any religion is "faith". We might not know anything for sure, but the faith in our beliefs is what keeps us to keep striving to follow that certain path, or to give us hope... and there is nothing wrong with that.

You say that you want or need something to believe in, then why don't you? What about everyone else's experiences? If we could easily know for absolute truth that something is real, doesn't that make it less special? To have absolute faith in something is to have hope in your heart, something that you probably lost in your experience. I know it's still in there if you look for it.

Another thing is that maybe you didn't see or hear anything because it really wasn't meant to be your time yet. Being dead because your heart stops beating and being brain-dead are also two completely different things, the brain lasts for minutes after the heart stops... There are a lot of things to consider, but honestly, if you really still believe in God, that little strand of hope is all you need to get back on that path. You know your way, so follow it if it suits you!

Take care!

·
Forever Young
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im back to being christian. but it will be a slow recovery.

·
Within you, without you
94 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that that happened to you! There's something I'd like to point out though.

(My mom is a nurse so she knows a lot about this kind of stuff and teaches me a bit)
If you had a heart attack, than you were indeed dead as far as the your blood had stopped pumping, therefore no oxygen to the body. However, this would not actually cause you to immediately "Die". Once your heart stops, the brain still continues functioning with the small amount of oxygen that your brain had left at the time your heart stopped. The heart attack caused you to technical die, but the brain still functions and it continues to functioning until it is entirely deprived of oxygen, then it begins to shut itself down completely. It takes the brain an average of (and I think this is accurate, but can't remember exactly) 3-5 minutes to be depleted of it's oxygen completely.

My guess is that while according to the paramedics, you were dead because you had no pulse, you where most likely in a state of deep unconsciousness as your brain still had a small amount of oxygen b4 shutting down.

That's what I know. Hope maybe that sheds a bit of light on the situation :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
i guess it just wasn't my time. maybe god chose not to reveal himself to me, because he knew that I would be brought back to life.

who knows. its all very confusing.
Maybe He did reveal Himself by putting people around you who could bring you back - you probably have a purpose to fulfill here.

im back to being christian. but it will be a slow recovery.
If you need anything, PM me.

·
Forever Young
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts