Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and am already planing on what time the best is to go because i don't want to sit in a full enviroment , i dont even know with barbershop i will go :no
am feeling it in my chest right now ....and concentration sucks right know cant do anything .....:mum

·
Banned
961 Posts
let it grow long and never leave your house. :blank

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its very long + i need to attend a wedding this weekend i NEED to cut or all eyes will be on me and i don't want that

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go in the middle of the day, 2pm seems to be pretty good (for me)
its now 12.35 and my heart is beating as hell my stomach is doing crazy too , my brain is yelling should i go or not :um
i don't know what to do :|

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You spent all that time growing out your hair, and you're going to cut it for a wedding that isn't your own?
its my brothers wedding :| by cutting i dont mean cutting it short but normal :yes

cutting into something like this :um

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
tons of people go to the barbershop and sit there not saying a word. it wouldn't be that weird. it's worth it

·
Midnight rambla
1,146 Posts
Up until a little over two years ago, my hair was easily as long as yours. I went straight into the barbers and left with a buzz cut.
Haven't let it grow out more than an inch since. It may not truly be me, but I have stopped letting silly things like hair style define me...

Hasn't helped my non existent love life but it suits me better and is healthier for my SA and that's all that matters. You may find shorter hair suits you too...

That's all I have to say. Just go in and get it done, and then the next trip will be far easier..

·
Banned
961 Posts
its my brothers wedding :| by cutting i dont mean cutting it short but normal :yes

cutting into something like this :um
Your hair is amazing! :eek:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its not mine , but its what i gonna do ....only need the courage to get out the house

·
Registered
488 Posts
I bet you'll feel a whole lot better after its done.

·
happy :)
606 Posts
Well dont worry too much because when its cut all off you can concentrate on growing it back , Im a guy i have short hair but i wanna grow it out, its gonna take months but thats ok because i dont have to go to the ****ty barber down the road

·
thoughts are just thought
1,263 Posts
I was actually coming on today to ask if anyone else got anxiety going to the barbershop, i do.

But I have to go, because I can't really grow my hair long. My hair grows really fast (2 to 4 weeks) to the point where I start to find it annoying. Then it grows super slow (6 to 10 months) before reaching a point long enough that I can do something with it.

So I have to get it cut. But every time, every time I go to the barbershop I have mini panic attacks (ironically I loved both the barbershop movies). I feel so out of place, most of the guys there treat it like it is their club house, talk lively and loadly about music and cars and girls, while I sit their silently like a idiot. I am sure at this point they must assume I am some kind of psycho, but they cut my hair just the same.

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
I seriously thought this was going to be a thread about cutting your wrists. I was about to reply with "DON'T DO IT". Then I saw it was about hair :lol

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i went but it was closed :no will go tomorrow or else i need to play the barber again :|

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Done !!

i went early and there were already three people cutting :blank when i entered i wanted to hang up my jacket but it kept falling off so another barber said "let me do it for you" felt sooo bad :sus so eventually i sat told him to cut off a little etc , just asked me one question "when was you last time cutting (hair was a mess :roll)" during the hole cutting.

relieved :clap

1 - 20 of 25 Posts