Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. Now, it's just a matter of putting those words in actions, which is usually the hardest part :/. As a freshman in college, I have considered trying to do some of those things too. Best of luck on the apartment search, btw.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is definitely NOT easy going to college with social anxiety... I've quit more than one course of study... so I admire you for sticking with it and I think your positive attitude will guide you in the right direction. Counseling does help with finding work... I am actually getting help for that now and my therapist has helped me with some "real world" techniques to get me going. I hope everything works out for you!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Definitely check out what support your college offers, it can be a real help. I recently started counselling through my uni which has made me feel a lot better about facing my problems there and like I can get more specific support with my studies than with a service outside the uni. Also I signed up with the careers service there so someone is going to help find and arrange work experience for me which is going to boost my confidence in looking for real work.
So go for the things you want to do in college and if you get apprehensive about it all then seek support, it can really make a big difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.