Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,658 Posts
Yeah. I used to run pretty fast. I mean, not olympic gold medalist fast but faster than 90% of anyone else I knew (Fairly short distances). I don't even know if I can run at all anymore but it probably wouldn't end well if I tried. :lol

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
Hug my dad, it used to be much easier I'd have to dig him up now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Drink draught beer or wine. Instant headache now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Excessively drink the night before and still function with a hangover the next day. Now a days if I drink more than 3 drinks, I'm in bed all day the next day. Also, junk food agreed with me a little bit better back then

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Sexual performance isnt quite the same as it was in my 20's as it is in my 40's. Got an erection pretty much every waking moment as a teenager into my 20's! lol

Cant pull all nighters drinking like I did back then and recover as well.

Their is a saying among pro athletes " father time is undefeated".

No matter how great you are time always wins

·
📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
6,572 Posts
Back when I joined SAS I used to stay awake for 30 or 40 hours at a time for fun, now trying to make it 20 hours is an ordeal. But that's about it. For the most part I feel physically better at 40 than I did at 20, thanks to the magic of having been a really lazy and underweight young person.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,803 Posts
I could get by on a lot less sleep. In my teens I could sleep four hours or even stay up all night and still function. Now if I only get six hours or less one night I feel like death the whole next day.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
33,658 Posts
^ I can still stay up for as many hours as I used to (sometimes) but I usually don't try to. And I wasn't really trying to back then. I had chronic insomnia and it did me no good to try to sleep if my body wasn't ready for it. I'd lay down and just lay there wide awake for hours on end. So I would pretty much just lay down and wait an hour or so and if sleep didn't happen, I'd get up and do whatever I felt like doing because I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep anyway and I might as well enjoy the extra time.

·
Song and action man
518 Posts
I can't eat like I used too. In my mid 20's I'd eat half a meatball parm sub with three slices of pizza after working out.

If I ate like that today my stomach would feel like it'd explode and I probably wouldn't eat for two days straight

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,351 Posts
Eat whatever, drive wherever and sleep whenever. I never drank much in younger years but ever since I started, its been plateauing a lot. Losing weight.

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,856 Posts
Doing whatever I want without more obsessing at the potential risks and how things can go wrong of doing so. I was so much happier back then for that reason. But when I was younger, I probably had much more room and leeway for mistakes, which I don't now.

Also not being able to do what they're doing below, without back pain flaring up within 5-10 minutes. Just looking at the farthest girl, my upper back starts kind of flaring up.

I probably wouldn't be able to walk or run 1/4 of the distances I can today without feeling like crap and complain. I am in better physical shape I am now than I was young. Although general healthwise, it's probably the opposite.

·
bipolar
16,781 Posts
Lots of things physically. I was helping my wife paint some posts out the front of her house the other day I got quite dizzy just looking up. Also things like mowing the lawn etc or physical work - I could do that easily when I was a kid.

Probably couldn't study the way I used to - my mind is too much of a mess nowadays and I find it hard to focus. Work would also be very difficult - my situation seems to change from day to day quite often so it would be hard to commit to anything.

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
Be in the same class as 5 year olds & just do nursery ryhmes & shapes & stuff, simpler times... : /

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,856 Posts
Braver in driving or going very long distances, like a few hours away from home. I remember I use to drive 2 hours away to try a food spot back or try a hiking spot back in the days. No way I'm willing to do that now.

Befriend and get comfortable with new people easier and quicker. Now I'm gradually going the opposite as I get older. Typically for most people, it gets easier as they get older, they're more mature and less constraint socially as they experience socializing and the real world more. Opposite for me. :(

Lastly, just having friendships and relationships I had back then, that I no longer have now. Because they ended. Due to being bad on my part at maintaining them, or bad also on my part in remaining interesting and rewarding for others to want to maintain one with me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts