Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Comfortably Numb
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I recently decided we're getting rid of the 'friend' in our group who has been a total jerk to us all... After that, things seem to have gotten better for me as far as talking with others, after we got rid of him, we realized that there are other people who are totally willing to hang out with us, it's just that one particular person drove them away (because he was a rude, racist, arrogant, jerk)

Since getting rid of him I've felt a lot more confidence with myself, in situations where'd I'd once just stay silent, I now talk, and laugh, and have fun. I'm not saying he was the cause of my shyness, he most certainly wasn't, but standing up to someone and getting rid of such a heavy weight feels so freaking good.

I still don't have much of a social life outside of school... But it's one step forward. I just felt like saying that. Stand up to people who do you wrong. Oh, also, I'm new here, hi. :D

·
Comfortably Numb
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! He defiantly was. It's nice having conversations with people other than my small group of friends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts