Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SUS Member
10,515 Posts
Even being bullied in hs was better than the life I have now. My life is at the lowest point it's ever been. I'm not actively bullied, ofc, but I have so many other problems that by comparison hs looks pretty good. I wouldn't say they were the best days of my life, though. I would say my best years were between ages 4 and 10.

·
Super Moderator
33,690 Posts
They may say that but it doesn't necessarily make it so.

Ummmm.....all things considered, I'd say nope. Probably my late teens and 20s were my best times. By no means would they measure up to ideal best times but in the context of my own personal experience, that was as good as it ever got.

·
Failure's Art
1,920 Posts
Best years of my life were senior year of HS and college. It's been a total **** show ever since.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Actually, yes. Better quality of life, and I wasn't yet dead inside. I didn't appreciate being forced to go to school, especially since a lot of it was a pure waste of everyone's time, but at least I was well provided for.

·
alien monk
8,441 Posts
no, they were terrible. some of the worst times of my life.

·
bipolar
16,781 Posts
School years were pretty boring for me - when I was a teen all I did was study. No problems really - just boring. Things livened up a lot once I left - which was the general idea.

I'd say my best times were in my 20's and then again in my 40's - but for very different reasons.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
They were not the best times of my life, but my university years were definitely memorable, and I did lots of crazy things that I probably will never do (or have a chance to do) ever again.

·
SAS Member
1,047 Posts
I had quite a lot of fun but not after I got anxiety but I wish I was a Christian then. I would've handled things better than others who also weren't Christians and it would've been the best for all of us

·
Banned
44 Posts
Elementary school was bad. A lot of "psychological" bullying. Then again, my high school years were possibly the best years of my life.

·
SAS Member
716 Posts
nope, i surely do not miss being bullied

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I didn't enjoy school but I had a few good times outside of it with family. If I was homeschooled it would have been great.

·
(*__*)
1,329 Posts
I didn’t have a good time during those years but I found it easier to cope with stuff than I do now. I guess I was more hopeful for a better future, and not really dead inside yet.

·
drifting in mist
439 Posts
I never would have thought so at the time but yes. I think I would prefer the experience of hormonal mutant teenager to being the loathsome piece of **** I currently am. At least I had friends back then and was free of physical ailments. Most of all I miss feeling hope that I could still have a happy life and not be a shame on my parents.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
lagrimas negras
1,687 Posts
For me it was the worst time of my life. That's when my SA really kicked in and I didn't even know what social anxiety was at that time. All I knew back then was that I was confused and afraid of talking to anyone or at least most people. And I wasn't even being bullied (though I had a few problems here and there with other kids).Even those who were trying to be nice and get to know me would freak me out.
I guess I missed out on what was supposed to be the best time of my life. Living with SA sucks obviously but at least now I know what I'm living/dealing with and I know I'm not the only one going through this hell.
My best years was my late 20's and 30's. Even with my issues I somehow managed to live a decent life and be happy for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
180 Posts
No, they were specifically the worst. My life started to get good after leaving college.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts