Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A girl that was once my friend has been very cruel and brutal toward me the last few months. She has taken advantage of me and all I could provide her. When she needs something she smiles and is all nice to me and then asks me for everything I know and can give her.

I am socially weak and I have little support so I am forced to submit to everything she asks for. Nowadays I just ignore her as best I can. I feel sick just thinking of her. I knowI should just forget about her but it's difficult because of all the things she's done to me.

Anyone ever been in this type of situation? Any advice on how I should be thinking? How I should deal with this so that it doesn't bother me?

· Registered
116 Posts
I've known people who would have done that to me if i had let them. there isn't much you can do besides ignore her or give her some excuse. She's prolly insecure or really needy and likes the attention.

I think you already know what you should do. Just drop her.

· Anywhere, take me there ~
228 Posts
This happened to me a few years ago. She was my best (and only) friend, but after so long I guess I became a bore to her after she found new "better" friends and she no longer cared about anything that had to do with me except for what she could get from me. I decided to just stop talking to her and I didn't see her for 2 years (we just got back in contact against my better judgment..). That girl sounds like a *****, you don't need her as a friend (can she even be considered that with the way she treats you?)

· Longing to be Free
25 Posts
Your situation shows, no matter how lonely you are, there are some people out there for which you are better off being alone than having them in your life. However lacking we may be in the friends department, I would rather find one good quality friend than to be popular among 100 of the "user" types. Those people just make social anxiety worse because we lose faith in other people.

· unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
It's a shame that this happened to you, but you sound like you've had the wisdom to recognise her for what she is, and I think you're sensible to ignore her as best you can. Of course you're going to be upset by this and feel bad, but you should start to feel better with time. Maybe try and do other things, meet other people?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.