Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QuestionYourself

The root of all our problems is anxiety. Obviously. But we forget that. We worry about who we are, about what we have or haven't done, the consequences of anxiety. This probably isn't a revelation to you (and I don't mean to preach to the quire but I'm also trying to give myself a pep talk) but there is no reason to have so much anxiety. We are totally irrational. We have anxiety about anxiety. "Well I'm afraid I might act stupid around others", or "I'm pathetic, creepy or odd." Maybe you are. Maybe it's not in your head(It more than likely is) but why are you that way? Anxiety. Without it, everything that you dread and fear about yourself doesn't exist. Aside from the average flaws that everyone has (If you haven't noticed, we aren't the only ones with issues)

Never mind that anxiety can be hard to control. Ask yourself why you should have anxiety? Because this. And? Because ... Why? :poke

We all have beliefs that justify our anxiety, but if you question yourself enough, your logic will eventually unravel.

·
Healing Wound
142 Posts
I'm sorry, I have to respectfully disagree. Anxiety is not the root of all our problems. It is the opposite. It is the effect of whatever our root issues are.
And I doubt that any one of us has the exact same root cause(s) for their anxieties.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts