Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SAS community!

Well uh, I'm new here. Where shall I begin? I guess I can begin by telling you that I am in no shape or form, suffering from depression or anything such of that nature. (And that isn't to bash those who do, because I feel for you all on a deeper level.) I just can't, can't, can't, deal with being surrounded by people or a person 24/7. It's like, I get people-claustrophobia. It's been this way since I can remember my childhood days. I was always to myself-taking on my peaceful hobbies of reading and writing. I can't even begin to explain. Whether it be me not being able to make eye contact with people because of the anxiety that runs through my veins, or the fact that my blood begins to boil when people get too comfortable and clingy around me. It makes me want to hide under a rock. Now, before I go to far, I absolutely enjoy a person's company for short periods of time, but when that time is up, my tolerance levels decrease with ease. I go out, yes of course. I love to venture out into the world seeing the beautiful sites all around. Being surrounded by nature is something that has always made me feel safe and un-annoyed. It's my tranquil sanctuary. I also really enjoy relaxing in my room. My room is beautiful and sunlit and just a hodge podge of everything that I love. I'm always here. Reading, writing, researching, listening to my favorite songs and feeling the nostalgia surge through my body. Everything about being at and in peace brings me joy and I am honestly tired of feeling as if I have to be explain myself to others and be ashamed of my ways that have been the same way my whole life. I hope whomever is reading this feels that they shouldn't be ashamed of how you were made. Embrace your introverted ways- extroverts will never understand us anyhow :)
P.S: introvert+introvert=<3
Xoxo,
Butterflywings88

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ButterflyWings88! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts