Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Move the position of the Relationships section right above Frustration, allow sex discussion in Relationships, and move all the sex stuff to the Relationships section. That way virgins can complain all they want about not getting their penis wet without burdening the rest of us.

All the sex threads often overshadow much more serious threads and it's becoming a pretty big problem. People confuse it for the sex section now and post stuff about sex even if they're clearly NOT frustrated. That's how bad it's gotten. This is a bad thing because people flock to the thread about some guy who's as happy as a mug because he just banged a hot girl. The people who are legitimately hurting often go ignored.

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed this. I don't I've a toss who's had sex with who it who's not or why people have sex with theese kinda people. This is what this forum is becoming..."I Haven't had sex and I hate myself" forum.

I'm in agreement with you.

Edit: yeah, see what you mean. "Just had sex" or whatever is apparently frustrating.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The bigger problem is that there is no specific section to discuss sex. In the description for the Relationships section, it states "No sex." Yet in the Frustration section it doesn't say "No sex." So of course that's where the flood of sex-related frustration topics show up.

The solution is to create a section called "Sex-Related Topics".

We are human beings. Sexuality is a core need. Beyond food and shelter and sleep, sex is pretty high up as a need and it is tightly wound up in the social aspect of human beings. To not have an outlet for discussion of it on a forum related to social anxieties is like having a medical & health forum without having a section about cancer. Seeing as how social anxieties for men are a huge hurdle to this basic human need, but not so much for women because they don't need to do the initial approaching (men do), the result is a lot of frustration coming from men with SA, especially younger ones, about not having access to sex.

Shuffling that under a rug doesn't do anyone any good. Mixing it up into a Relationships section will just override that with those frustrated guys confusing relationships with sex. I genuinely believe that if a man can feel like he has predictable access to satisfying sex, his ability to then focus on what it takes to get into and stay in relationships becomes possible, and discussion of that and how SA might impede and how to get beyond it would be more reasonable. Sex should be it's own section. In fact the Relationships section should even be broken up into 2 parts - Romantic Relationships and General Relationships.

·
Take Good Care
7,902 Posts
The bigger problem is that there is no specific section to discuss sex. In the description for the Relationships section, it states "No sex." Yet in the Frustration section it doesn't say "No sex." So of course that's where the flood of sex-related frustration topics show up.

The solution is to create a section called "Sex-Related Topics".

We are human beings. Sexuality is a core need. Beyond food and shelter and sleep, sex is pretty high up as a need and it is tightly wound up in the social aspect of human beings. To not have an outlet for discussion of it on a forum related to social anxieties is like having a medical & health forum without having a section about cancer. Seeing as how social anxieties for men are a huge hurdle to this basic human need, but not so much for women because they don't need to do the initial approaching (men do), the result is a lot of frustration coming from men with SA, especially younger ones, about not having access to sex.

Shuffling that under a rug doesn't do anyone any good. Mixing it up into a Relationships section will just override that with those frustrated guys confusing relationships with sex. I genuinely believe that if a man can feel like he has predictable access to satisfying sex, his ability to then focus on what it takes to get into and stay in relationships becomes possible, and discussion of that and how SA might impede and how to get beyond it would be more reasonable. Sex should be it's own section. In fact the Relationships section should even be broken up into 2 parts - Romantic Relationships and General Relationships.
I agree, I've thought about all of that too. It'd certainly help to have some things divided up into sections so we don't have to see it posted all over the place.

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
Can there be a subsection of the forum called "Come ***** about being a nice guy who doesn't get laid" ? :)

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
We should label the new subsection of Relationships- "Lonely Weiners."
I have to thank you. I am having an especially horrible day (and it's not even 10 am yet) and this made me laugh and smile. I wasn't sure anything could make me laugh right now. :)

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Because SAS is a family friend site bro
Apparently not anymore. There used to be a link at the bottom of the forum stating that the site was a member of a family friendly organization. ( I forget which one) That link is no longer there, so either Drew removed it or the organization pulled their rating.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts