Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm back on anti depressants and clonazapam and I'm seeing two therapists (one through this family clinic and another through my mom's employee assistance program).

I'm feeling more hopeless in a way because these therapists just aren't understanding my situation. I feel like my problems are too complex and I can't relate to what they are telling me. Actually, the one therapist who I'm seeing from the family clinic is okay. I'll have to give it more time to see how it really is.

In total I've seen 6 therapists in my life including the two I'm seeing now. I believe in therapy but I suppose I go in with two high of expectations, hoping they will say something to make everything all better.

I don't know, what has everyone else's experiences been with therapists?

·
insert witty comment here
6,198 Posts
It might not be helpful to see two at the same time? Are those different kinds of therapy?

I think you are right when you say that your expectations about finding the magical cure are too high. I was in therapy for a few years and it is more like slowly digging out the cause of your problem(s), then addressing that cause (takes time too) and then slowly getting used to getting better. It is a lengthy process, no magical cures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts