Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have never really tried to treat my SA issues before and wanted to get opinions on how to take the steps in dealing with it. As far as my issues go, I have problems feeling comfortable in groups, such as meetings for example, and in meetings I feel people are looking at me and judging me. I also have problems feeling comfortable enough to talk in meetings also. Just apprehensive. It is mainly in groups. I can talk with people fine in small groups or in a casual situation, but in a formal meetng, I feel panicy. I just feel that SA is holding me back in a lot of ways. It gets tiring feeling the anxiety in social situations. I also hate saying hello and goodbye to people for some reason. Especially when I don't know if I should hug or not. I would say my childhood has a big reason for my issues. I was left at home at a very young age alone alot and had to take care of myself and had no relatives around. I have no problem going to a psychiatrist or anything. I just wanted to get some input from you guys.
Thanks.
p.s. Have any of you seen that part in Donnie Darko when Donnie is talking to his shrink and she says "How did you feel being denied these Hungry Hungry Hippos?" Hilarious.
Have a good week everyone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.