Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to take theater and public speaking classes next semester. Something that I could never do before because of my social anxiety. I may take some other classes as well that will put me far out of my comfort zone. It's probably going to be one of my best choices I've ever made because I have a dream to be an actor and I want to make and participate in videos.

·
Breathe...
408 Posts
Im only a sophmore but im taking Drama. It kinda sucks since everyone is pretty unmotivated and have that "cool" factor about them but its nice because no other sophmores are in my class. Just seniors and freshmen (sophmore classes are usually full). I dont really care about what they think since the freshmen dont interact with the sophmores and the seniors dont care snce theyre almost out of school.

Its really helped with my anxiety. I can approach people easier but i still have some fear when i speak since im a little awkward when i talk.
Im sure youll do great!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've done drama class...I think it'll help. But it's strange for me, because I'm fearless most of the time when I act, but in real I'm still very shy(I view them as two different worlds). But I think it'll be good. Most of the places I've gone to are supportive and welcoming.

If your school doesn't have good supportive drama classes, where bring the potential out of quiet students, I suggest maybe looking for classes outside of school. Usually the people there are all for acting and will care about your participation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts