Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried this before and it seems calming. I first noticed that after drinking green tea I would feel a calming effect.

It is the only suppliment that has ever worked even at all for me.

I have heard it increases overall level of GABA in the brain. Perhaps synergistic with benzo's. Makes sense then why it costs so much for a sup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree, L-Theanine (getting the patented "Suntheanine" form is actually very important due to it being a far more usable form than most generics which is why you see so many reputable brands selling Suntheanine Theanine) is one of the most helpful supplements in my arsenal. It is very effective for anxiety and can also help modulate tolerance to many different supplements and medications by acting as an NMDA receptor antagonist. I generally take 300-600mg of Theanine per day along with 1-2 (never more than 1 at a time because more seems to make me dizzy; not sure if this is a direct effect or something relating to my chronic pancreatitis/biliary duct issues) capsules of GABA.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have tried this before and it seems calming. I first noticed that after drinking green tea I would feel a calming effect.

It is the only suppliment that has ever worked even at all for me.

I have heard it increases overall level of GABA in the brain. Perhaps synergistic with benzo's. Makes sense then why it costs so much for a sup.
I agree, it definitely has a calming and tranquil effect. I tried it in supplement form and just drinking green tea. I found the tea works better oddly, maybe its to do with bioavailability and other compounds in tea working in synergy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've tried practically every herb..

Including l-theanine.

Most powerful was Valerian root tea.

Weed and tobacco.

All the other things didn't do much of anything.

Sad weed and tobacco... very medicinal yet our culture frowns but thinks nothing of taking a totally newly developed drug made with countless toxic ingredients and no long term side effects known.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts