Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High school was AWFUL.

That's like saying the sky is blue, isn't it?

Yeah.

A few of my experiences:

Most of the time I had no one to sit with at lunch. But everyone had to eat in the cafeteria, and they patrolled the bathrooms, so I had to be in the extremely crowded cafeteria. I would get there early and claim my spot, but eventually people would be surrounding me, and would hide behind my backpack as much as I could and read and try to drown them out.

I also ate lunch in the bathroom. I did that for almost a whole semester one year. Then the rules got less strict and I found a nice place outside, but I still went to the bathroom when it was bad weather.

I hated group work more than ANYTHING. It wasn't that bad when they put you in groups, usually, but when you had to find your own group...kill me. Some teachers would let me work alone, but then others would come around and ask me if I had a group and then put me in a group and that would be awful. I almost never talked during group work, only if someone asked me.

A few times, very few, I would actually have an okay time and get along with people in the group, but I'd still feel like crap afterward because I had a glimpse into what it would be like to have friends/people to talk to at school, then I went right back to being screwed up.

And...the BUS. I rode one of the worst buses anyone could ever have to ride PERIOD, much less someone with SA. I live in bad/poor neighborhood, so I had a bunch of skuzzy/mean/gangster kids on my bus. It was always really full by the time I was picked up, and half the time I was either too scared to ask someone if I could sit by them, or they'd say no or just would ignore me and not move. A few times the bus driver had to just make someone let me sit by them because I wasn't able to find a seat. It was awful. Riding the bus made my day start out with hell and end with hell.

·
Registered
139 Posts
ahh! i hear ya i hated riding the bus it was pure hell! especially in middle school. i also despised eating in the cafeteria and being surrounded by rude,obnoxious kids! thank god i graduate in 3 weeks:)

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh! i hear ya i hated riding the bus it was pure hell! especially in middle school. i also despised eating in the cafeteria and being surrounded by rude,obnoxious kids! thank god i graduate in 3 weeks:)
Graduating is the most glorious experience known to alienkind!

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Graduating is the most glorious experience known to alienkind!
You got that right. It was like being released from prison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.