Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup anyone gotta favourite wine ?

Okay okay i'm a self confessed beer monster but i still enjoy a glass of wine if i'm cooking for people anyone got a favourite ?

Red , White . Rose it doesn't matter.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Little Boomey has a nice Shiraz. A cheeky little wine with a bit of a bite. At $5.99 a bottle it's easily affordable.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehe when i seen your name i thought the thread got closed...... just my guilty conscience.

But yeah like you said you don't have to pay through the nose for a good bottle though..... aww man i'm starting to sound like a middle age french dude or sumfin lol.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Chateau St Michelle Chardonnay & Merlot
Big Moose Red
Insatiable Pinot Noir
Raveswood Old Vine Zin
Geyser Peak Chardonnay

That is just off the top of my head. I will list more later! :)

For the bargain minded wine drinker, I recommend a box wine (yes a BOX..never thought I would do that) called Bota Old Vine Zin. Its about 15 bucks and has the equivalent of 4 bottles of wine.

·
Registered
984 Posts
What's the word? thunderbird (sorry)

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
I am in wine country. It's ALL good here. And cheap too. I'm talking 2,99 euros for a good bottle of wine.

I'm so happy. :)

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
What's the word? thunderbird (sorry)
As far as I know, Thunderbird is what you get when they don't add the red coloring to Night Train, a citrus wine that defines horrid. You know it's bad when E&J Gallo would prefer not to admit these bum wines are both made by them.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Hehe when i seen your name i thought the thread got closed...... just my guilty conscience.

But yeah like you said you don't have to pay through the nose for a good bottle though..... aww man i'm starting to sound like a middle age french dude or sumfin lol.
Apparently, my reputation precedes me! What have you been doing to feel guilty about? :b

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just the usual chief sniffing coke off hookers cracks , Robbing pensioners all that shabang hehe jk nah i've been a saint.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Sup anyone gotta favourite wine ?

Okay okay i'm a self confessed beer monster but i still enjoy a glass of wine if i'm cooking for people anyone got a favourite ?

Red , White . Rose it doesn't matter.
I'm a moscato fan, anything with less sugar is like dry sour vinegar to me.
I am more for dessert wines.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I'm a moscato fan, anything with less sugar is like dry sour vinegar to me.
I am more for dessert wines.
I am the opposite. I prefer a good dry wine. A sav blanc is about as sweet as I go. Even most reislings are too sweet for me.

I love wine. I am planning a trip to the Northwest and plan to visit Chateau St. Michelle, the wine that got me to like wine. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Chateau St Michelle Chardonnay & Merlot
Big Moose Red
Insatiable Pinot Noir
Raveswood Old Vine Zin
Geyser Peak Chardonnay

That is just off the top of my head. I will list more later! :)

For the bargain minded wine drinker, I recommend a box wine (yes a BOX..never thought I would do that) called Bota Old Vine Zin. Its about 15 bucks and has the equivalent of 4 bottles of wine.
Chateau St. Michelle's Cabrenet Sauvignon is also pretty good. Here are some of my other favorites:

Sterling Cabrenet Sauvignon
Kenwood Sauvignon Blanc
Almost any dry Reisling

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Even most reislings are too sweet for me.
Don't a lot of reislings have quite low alc content like only 8%, meaning there has to be a ton of residual sugar left so it's going to be quite sweet.

Reislings with say 13% alc taste basically the same as any other white wine to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts