Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

The way to get over SA.......

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  The Sleeping Dragon 
This is what you replace those thoughts with.......
"AH I KNOW THEM, I'M GOING TO BRACE MYSELF TO SAY HI" I have done this before. If they know me and are friendly, they will say hi"
"I'M GONNA HAVE A PANIC ATTACK" I've never had a panic attack. I am overreacting. If I get stressed and do have a panic attack, I won't die. I will be fine"
"I NEED TO STAND THERE AND JOIN THE CONVERSATION"I need to be myself so I can make friends. If they dont wanna be friends with me after I am friendly, it is because of them and not me
"ME JOINING THE GROUP MIGHT SWITCH THE CONVO TO ME WHERE I AM NOW THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION" just act like yourself. who cares what they think. as long as i feel good and express myself it will make ME happy.
"I'M GOING TO LOOK LIKE A NERVOUS WRECK NOW AND THEY'LL NOTICE"How many people in my life have actually notice how much of a nervous wreck i am? 2? Even if they do notice, it wont kill me and they will just be pointing out an obvious statement. Only a rude person who I do not want to be friends with and could care less about will say something like that....so who cares if they do
I read this so much! Worked awesome for almost two weeks. Trying to get that feeling back. This helped me so much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.