Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Find your inner ***** and run with her. That's basically the essence of CB Therapy.....that's all it is, in a summary. Find your inner crazy and accept it...your raging woman(or man).
Gets guts....grow a pair. Get stronger as a person and don't let others walk on you. Once you find that inner, "**** you" life is so much easier to live....and by your own terms. CBT brought that side out in me, the side that doesn't take ****.
there's a ***** inside of you, begging to be let out......set her free.

Now that I've reclaimed her....I've gotten a lot happier with myself as a person and have a better overall life

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
Hardly. When I stood up for myself and yelled at people for laughing at me or breaking stuff or getting into fights. People called me cruel and crazy. People tried to put me down at work every day, laughing at me trying to provoke me with me standing up for myself and finding my "inner man" or i.e. stop people from bothering me.
Like "what , you don't have a right to stand up for yourself." I'm going to **** you up and prove you're a loser is their attitude. They even will fight to the death or for years at work to prove their point. Hardly life easier. Got much more confrontational and uncivilized.
It's really about cruelty of people to SA and "nice" people. They want to feel they can beat someone else for some other crap in their lives. But they get away with it with better "social skill". they always get away with it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wish I could hurt other people who make me feel like ****. I still wonder if it is my fault. If i wasdn't born as such a derpy turd maybe I wouldn't be here in the first place?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats! It really does make sense.

Ok say i walked up to a crowd of students that i recognise from my class. I have the following thoughts racing through my mind:

"AH I KNOW THEM, I'M GOING TO BRACE MYSELF TO SAY HI"
"I'M GONNA HAVE A PANIC ATTACK"
"I NEED TO STAND THERE AND JOIN THE CONVERSATION"
"ME JOINING THE GROUP MIGHT SWITCH THE CONVO TO ME WHERE I AM NOW THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION"
"I'M GOING TO LOOK LIKE A NERVOUS WRECK NOW AND THEY'LL NOTICE"

With thoughts like that, how have you learned to replace them? With your new outlook and thinking process, what is the outcome of a situation like this for you now?

I'm intrigued and really Glad CBT has worked out for you though.
This is what you replace those thoughts with.......
"AH I KNOW THEM, I'M GOING TO BRACE MYSELF TO SAY HI" I have done this before. If they know me and are friendly, they will say hi"
"I'M GONNA HAVE A PANIC ATTACK" I've never had a panic attack. I am overreacting. If I get stressed and do have a panic attack, I won't die. I will be fine"
"I NEED TO STAND THERE AND JOIN THE CONVERSATION"I need to be myself so I can make friends. If they dont wanna be friends with me after I am friendly, it is because of them and not me
"ME JOINING THE GROUP MIGHT SWITCH THE CONVO TO ME WHERE I AM NOW THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION" just act like yourself. who cares what they think. as long as i feel good and express myself it will make ME happy.
"I'M GOING TO LOOK LIKE A NERVOUS WRECK NOW AND THEY'LL NOTICE"How many people in my life have actually notice how much of a nervous wreck i am? 2? Even if they do notice, it wont kill me and they will just be pointing out an obvious statement. Only a rude person who I do not want to be friends with and could care less about will say something like that....so who cares if they do

·
Neither here nor there
798 Posts
I like this. Im going to try and tell myself something positive when i feel those negative thoughts brewing.

Ive been searching for a job and having no luck lately. While searching a second ago intold myself that I have worked before and it was fine. I know I can do it and something will turn up. It made me feel better.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Exposing your core self is the key (Your core self is your emotions, drives, impulses, and feelings). Your core self experienced a feeling of shame for those parts of yourself (emotions, impulses, feelings and drives), perhaps through neglect, a lack of love and emotional support from your parents, and you felt you had no one to turn to when the bullies took advantage of your vulnerability, and thus you learned to hide those parts of yourself.

Exposing that crazy, spontaneous part of you is the correct road. More parts of you need to be exposed, like your desires, your drives, your needs, your feelings, your impulse to do things your way, and you need to share these with people who will accept you - Not approve of you, but merely accept your humanity and core self as they have accepted their own self, even if they don't like what you do with that core self. But there's a difference between rejecting what you DO and rejecting the parts of you that drive you to do what you do.

I firmly believe you will slowly be liberated by doing this.

·
Smexy
3,551 Posts
Find your inner ***** and run with her. That's basically the essence of CB Therapy.....that's all it is, in a summary. Find your inner crazy and accept it...your raging woman(or man).
Gets guts....grow a pair. Get stronger as a person and don't let others walk on you. Once you find that inner, "**** you" life is so much easier to live....and by your own terms. CBT brought that side out in me, the side that doesn't take ****.
there's a ***** inside of you, begging to be let out......set her free.

Now that I've reclaimed her....I've gotten a lot happier with myself as a person and have a better overall life
This b**ch is right. You have to realize that you're so awesome, you can afford to be an a**hole.

·
Banned
2,024 Posts
You obviously have not had severe depression because if you did you woulndt say this. It's hard for those who have been in severe depression for so long to just do this. Depression is a disease it eats at you every day until the day you commit suicide unless you do something about it.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
You make it sound like you go out of your way to find trouble, though I think the real key is to simply be capable of standing up for yourself (assuming this is what you meant by the thread).

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wish I could hurt other people who make me feel like ****. I still wonder if it is my fault. If i wasdn't born as such a derpy turd maybe I wouldn't be here in the first place?
Thing is... once you have this power, you'll realise the people who have been making your life hell simply aren't worth your time...

Don't waste your energy on stupid people. I made the same mistake.

edit: but do try to find a way to set limits to others.
You're not obliged to take **** from anyone, anywhere at any time.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Exposing your core self is the key (Your core self is your emotions, drives, impulses, and feelings). Your core self experienced a feeling of shame for those parts of yourself (emotions, impulses, feelings and drives), perhaps through neglect, a lack of love and emotional support from your parents, and you felt you had no one to turn to when the bullies took advantage of your vulnerability, and thus you learned to hide those parts of yourself.

Exposing that crazy, spontaneous part of you is the correct road. More parts of you need to be exposed, like your desires, your drives, your needs, your feelings, your impulse to do things your way, and you need to share these with people who will accept you - Not approve of you, but merely accept your humanity and core self as they have accepted their own self, even if they don't like what you do with that core self. But there's a difference between rejecting what you DO and rejecting the parts of you that drive you to do what you do.

I firmly believe you will slowly be liberated by doing this.
I think the same thing. Because whenever a situation arises when the spontaneity wants to spill into the world, something puts the breaks on, and stops it. Which causes physical tension. I'm thinking more and more as well that exposure with the knowledge and belief that it will help, and a support network acting as a safety net when things potentially get unbearable, will help on the road to acceptance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is what you replace those thoughts with.......
"AH I KNOW THEM, I'M GOING TO BRACE MYSELF TO SAY HI" I have done this before. If they know me and are friendly, they will say hi"
"I'M GONNA HAVE A PANIC ATTACK" I've never had a panic attack. I am overreacting. If I get stressed and do have a panic attack, I won't die. I will be fine"
"I NEED TO STAND THERE AND JOIN THE CONVERSATION"I need to be myself so I can make friends. If they dont wanna be friends with me after I am friendly, it is because of them and not me
"ME JOINING THE GROUP MIGHT SWITCH THE CONVO TO ME WHERE I AM NOW THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION" just act like yourself. who cares what they think. as long as i feel good and express myself it will make ME happy.
"I'M GOING TO LOOK LIKE A NERVOUS WRECK NOW AND THEY'LL NOTICE"How many people in my life have actually notice how much of a nervous wreck i am? 2? Even if they do notice, it wont kill me and they will just be pointing out an obvious statement. Only a rude person who I do not want to be friends with and could care less about will say something like that....so who cares if they do
I read this so much! Worked awesome for almost two weeks. Trying to get that feeling back. This helped me so much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts