Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize to everyone here, and more important to the one that was directed afterwards. Even though the engagement was just a playful expression to build trust on both ends, as both of us understood it that way on the opposite end. I am about to perhaps transition, tomorrow, if it really is the case with this person, and I know she has not ever experience or knows how to handle cases where I'm projecting so much onto her, and I, intuitively can feel the countertransference over my HEALTHY borderline (very sensitive) to her insights and her experience related to me and back again, and as with the same thing with Katie, Art, etc., she perhaps is having difficulty to acknowledge these feelings on her end, because in general therapist themselves don't understand this phenomenon this well, and the way each therapist handles it is different. As I really feel her being an "internish" therapist, she doesn't know how to process it, and it intuitive it feels scary or even frightening to her, etc. etc.

And the "ultimate flirt" piece whether people here understand the style of my writing, and it gained the respect on trust on both ends from a client's, or specifically my point of view of the survivor/clinician perspective of therapy related to transference/countertransference, and as i know and intuitive know from her end, it was utterly humorous.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
I think you need to find a male therapist...

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Though you're always a puzzle-we missed you Gerard! Got slightly bland here without you.

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
You're a smart guy, but you could pare back on the psych terminology.

Less is more.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I was so excited that Gerard was back. :(

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
^ Me too. He was an interesting guy.

·
My So-Called Self
692 Posts
I wish I didn't have such a hard time understanding things. I know it's just me because everyone thought it was funny, but I couldn't even figure out what it meant lol.

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
He pared back so much that he left completely, heh.
LOL I didn't think this thread was that old. Well, I know that I don't compare to say 4000 posts (!!!), but I am back after a two year hiatus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll leave you some more thoughts: I finished college, but never got too far with any jobs. I studied accounting, held ONE decent-paying job, but was pure hell in every other way: obnoxious coworkers and supervisors, and the politically-correct BS that comes in liberal places: anti-white racism and anti-male bigotry. Plus, accounting is all female these days, and also because of political correctness, the women can run the men out the door easily. My advice is pick a field in which there are a preponderance of men employees and supervisors: you will be treated better and be happier. Maybe a computer tech would be the best? Climbing behind the wheel of a big rig is NOT easy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts