Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the only source of comfort that I feel now.
I am not going to commit suicide, but I do feel huge relief that one day this will all end.

·
ಠ_ಠ
658 Posts
What's eating you out? I bet that if you overcome what's dragging you down, physically or mentally, you won't have to see death as a solution. Don't you want to be happy? Since we're alive now, we might as well make our time here meaningful, eh?

·
serious
340 Posts
Have a shower, eat something yummy. Hope you feel better soon.
Maybe get some anti D's. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have a shower, eat something yummy. Hope you feel better soon.
Maybe get some anti D's. :)
I could take help, but certain tragic events have happened in my life and that of loved ones, and these will continue to pull me down...
Thanks though because your post made me smile. :)

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I muse over that sometimes. It's never going to be a relief or anything though... you'll just go from hating your life to nothingness (assuming there's no afterlife). You'll never be able to take a deep breath and relish in the escape... well, I guess you can whilst on your death bed, but you'll probably feel too ill in that moment to care. You won't be able to relish in your escape from the pain either, as it will just be pain to nothingness. The pain will be gone, but you won't be conscious to that fact, so it's floored to look at it as relief I feel.

Maybe relief can only be found whilst not brain dead.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know how you feel...I was suicidal some time ago, and the very thought of suicide brought relief to me. I'm very glad I was strong enough to resist the suicidal urges. My life is better now.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but since you feel that way, try to..you know, get out there. The world is your oyster. You only live once (uhh not sure about that though LOL)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I know how you feel...I was suicidal some time ago, and the very thought of suicide brought relief to me.
I experienced this same effect years ago. The very thought of entertaining it paradoxically helped me to rebound and feel better about myself later. I guess because my thought process hit bottom and I had no place to go but up. It was like the mother of all pity parties I indulged myself in.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I am not going to commit suicide, but I do feel huge relief that one day this will all end.
lol i thought it was going to be that ''i'm afraid of death, what to do, pls help'' threads

U know it's not ok to feel that, right ?

·
Registered
589 Posts
The calendar is a great comfort isn't it? It reminds you your days are numbered.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I experienced this same effect years ago. The very thought of entertaining it paradoxically helped me to rebound and feel better about myself later. I guess because my thought process hit bottom and I had no place to go but up. It was like the mother of all pity parties I indulged myself in.
I don't feel self-pity anymore. I guess I have accepted that not everyone can have a happy life, and that some of us will have to deal with a lot of tragedies in life. It's just the way the world works.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats completely normal, you know why? Because it is always a source of hope in a way, like "Hey, everything else has f*cked up, but there is always a way out" and many people will tell you its unhealthy, but you know, I don't think so! You don't have to be suicidal with action, action and emotions are different things,
i used to really want a gun you know, because I was sucidal, but I realised that If I actually got one, I wouldn't use it, I would live my life and have fun, knowing I had guarenteed quick escape if I needed it.

The sad part is, that I could live alot more, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it without a drastic instrument of death delivery. Lol :no

·
serious
340 Posts
Accepting that kind of thing is a fairly fatalistic self pity, but it's still there.

Life is choice.
If you dont like your current situation, choose to change it.

I'm not promoting self help type rubbish , just stating a fact: while you are not often responsible for how you got there, you ARE responsible for what you do next.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Accepting that kind of thing is a fairly fatalistic self pity, but it's still there.

Life is choice.
If you dont like your current situation, choose to change it.

I'm not promoting self help type rubbish , just stating a fact: while you are not often responsible for how you got there, you ARE responsible for what you do next.
I've not given up, if that is what you mean. There are things that I need to do in life and I work towards them everyday. I also try to be the happiest possible, not as much for myself, as for my family. My parents are primarily the reason I keep going.
As for changing my situation, well, there are various reasons that many things that have got me to this point can't change. Some things in life are irreversible, and we need to accept that. I am in the process of doing this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know how you feel. I even hated the idea of an afterlife (back when i believed in such stuff).
My problem lately is that now that i'm getting older my SA is fading and i am getting much more pleasure out of life. I worry that the day i decide that i am completely happy will be the day my heart explodes or something. Then, if there is an afterlife, they better stay out of my way cause i'm gonna be really, really pissed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts