Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey have y'all been working in this book? Have you heard of it? How do you like it? Would you consider getting it? Have you worked through similar books? How did those go?

I am currently working through this with my Therapist. The first form where we talked about specific anxious situations and the physical sensations, and thoughts, and behaviors really helped me see that this was bearable, and there was a cause to my distress. My beliefs aren't helpful a lot of the time, so it was good to analyze and catch them before they continued breeding hell.

Tell me about your journey with this self-help book and others like it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey have y'all been working in this book? Have you heard of it? How do you like it? Would you consider getting it? Have you worked through similar books? How did those go?

I am currently working through this with my Therapist. The first form where we talked about specific anxious situations and the physical sensations, and thoughts, and behaviors really helped me see that this was bearable, and there was a cause to my distress. My beliefs aren't helpful a lot of the time, so it was good to analyze and catch them before they continued breeding hell.

Tell me about your journey with this self-help book and others like it.
Hey! I'm new here and saw your post so thought I'd ask...how have you found the book now its been a few weeks? I wonder whether its worth purchasing for my own progress in therapy. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! It's been very helpful. During the beginning its a little jarring the first few chapters and slow just analyzing how bad the anxiety currently is. Might make it worse at first. But the exercises in later chapters I found helpful. There's also a section in the back with helpful further reading as well which is cool. If self-help books are your jam then you might like it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts