Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been the most helpful book i have read thus far regarding sa and personalities in general. Rather than taking a strictly astrological approach--how the planets, sun, and stars affect a person's behavior--the authors compare the commonalties of people who share birthdays, and piece together a personality for each day of the year, effectively slicing through geographical and cultural differences, while avoiding the one-size-fits-all trap of newspaper sun-sign horoscopes.

take a look at some of the reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Langua...=dp_db_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Its a great way to scope people out. Its kind cheating in a way its so accurate. The first 3 people who post their birthdays i will type out their day for everyone to see in this thread (if thats ok).

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
I read one of those birthday books a long time ago and it was pretty accurate. I realized later that people interpret things so it somehow relates to them. Of course you said this one was different so I am curious about what it says about my bday so go ahead. March 26th is my day.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read one of those birthday books a long time ago and it was pretty accurate. I realized later that people interpret things so it somehow relates to them. Of course you said this one was different so I am curious about what it says about my bday so go ahead. March 26th is my day.
god damit. i just realised the book is in my parents room and they are both fast asleep. its 3:35 here on the east coast so i dont wanna wake them up but i will make sure to do your birthday first thing when i wake up. sorry for the killjoy. ill bump this thread in the morning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
June 26! I don't give any weight to any of that stuff, but it's fun to hear all the same.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
March Twenth-Sixth
The Day Of Integrity​

March 26 people manifest the innocence, spontaneity and candor of a child. They manage to get things done without resorting to overt aggressiveness. For them, simplicity is the keynote; they are adverse to all forms of excessive complication. This means that if a person were to consistently create difficulties and problems, he or she would not remain long in the company of a March 26 person. Those born on this day usually seek the simplest solution to any human question by following things back to the source. For this reason, the splendid intutive qualities of March 26 people will often allow fellow human beings an insight into how things work.

Although March 26 people are active, they manifest a kind of philosophical detachment. They are able to stand back and quietly view a situation, chew over what may be wrong and come up with an insightful and helpful solution. They can also be somewhat withdrawn from life, even to the point of isolating themselves for periods of time. This need for isolation may have them retreating to a favorite place, perpahs remote mountains, desert or seaside to recharge with nature. Generally what they accomplish in this time alone is simply experiencing isolating for its own sake, meditating in the Easten sense of clearing the mind rather than mulling over plans or ideas.

March 26 people work at their own pace and are usually unhurried, thus relaxed. But just beneath the surface lies a spontaneity cabable of producing quite unexpected thoughts and acts. More often then not, this spontaneity takes the welcome form of humor or expresses itself in a well-needed digression from the work at hand. Sometimes, March 26 people can be too relaxed, holding back when they really need to push ahead, and this can put them at a disadvantage with those who are more agressive or direct.

March 26 people are aware of their foibles and that they prefer to do things their own way. However, because they are a bit more eccentric then most, they may at times be viewed by their peers as being off course. Fortunatley, they are not known to be flaky or irresolute because they do not give their word lightly and do not make exaggerated claims for themselves.

One is lucky indeed to be close to a March 26 person, and favored as well, since they are not interested in making a great number of friends. For them, a friend is a friend for life and no matter how many years go by they will always have an open heart and home for those with whom they share that special rapport. If, on the other hand, they themselves are forgotten or rejected, they can turn a page and accept the situation stoically.

Numbers and Planets​

Those born on the 26th of the month are ruled by the number 8 (6+2), and by the planet Saturn. Not particularly interested in impressing anyone, they can be viewed as undemonstrative or aloof. Nothing could be further from the truth since they are usually warm-hearted, with the energy of Mars (ruler of Aries) supplying the heat. March 26 people show their saturnian side by remaining responsible for others, and though their unpredictable martian spontaneity may at times sidetrack them, they sooner or later return to their duties. Those ruled by the number 8 can be overly self-sacrificing, and this trait combined with the March 26 tendency towards contentment can be to the detriment of their success, causing them to fall short of their talents.

Tarot​

The 8th card of the Major Arcana is Strength or Courage, which depicts a graceful queen taming a furious lion. The queen symbolizes the female Magician who can master rebellious energies and stands for moral as well as physical strength. This card's postive attributes include charisma and determination to succed; the negative qualities include complacency and the misuse of power.

Health​

The greatest perils for March 26 people lie in the mental sphere. They can brush off negativity in others, but when it surfaces in themselves they are often too defenseless against it, and they may even turn away from life. People born on March 26 are very physical, needing challenges of many kinds. Sports, recreation and sex are all important in large doses to keep them healthy and happy. Although their adventures may bring accident or injury, March 26 people generally heal quick and overcome disability well. They should seek to keep their eating habits consistant, not gyrating from starving to stuffing; they must be fed (they like being cooked for) regular meals which stimulate their appetite with piquant tastes.

Advice​

Be carful of being overly moral and judgemental. Keep it light and learn to take yourself less seriously; loosen up and have fun. Preserve your childlike qualities. Don not give in to bullying and push ahead in your work.

Strengths:
Intuitive
Self-Sufficient
Responsible

Weaknesses:

Negative
Insecure
Depressive

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
June Twenty-Sixth
The Day Of Stamina​

Those born on June 26th are most often a tower of strength and reliability to their family and friends. They are very physical people, and though they may be possessed of great sensitivity, manifest the solidity of earth. Regarless of their occupation, they look foward to life's more sensual aspects and when at home can usually be found grounded in stable pursuits-maintaining and improving their homes, having fun with their families, ect.

Children raised be a June 26 parent are usually fortunate in that their home is a haven of security from a sometimes harsh world. However, such June 26th people parents can also be overprotective of their children, shielding them from experiences which might potentially harm but also educate. The practial worldly knowledge of June 26 people is very great, but they are not always so understanding of human nature. This can make them difficult to relate to on a personal level. June 26 people generally insist on doing things their own way, and consequently those who live with them may find their own initiative blunted.

Excelling in physical or sporting activities is often a major focus for June 26 people, even at an advanced age. If they are not the sporting type, they may be found energetically applying themselves to other areas, perhps of a more mental or even sexual nature. Indeed, the sexual and sensual side of this day is quite pronounced; June 26 people typically enjoy the invigorating and soothing pleasures such as massages, saunas, jacuzzis and ocean activities.

June 26 people are almost invariable adept at making money. They enjoy spending it just as much, and since they generally have expensive tastes they must be careful not to let their expenditures get too far ahead of their earnings. The saving of money does not particularly interest them, but investing it, releasing it as form of energy, does. The healthy cash flow of those born on this day speaks well for their advanced thinking in this area. Becoming wealthy in itself holds no fascination for June 26 people, but they nonetheless manage to live well.

Those born on this day are difficult to impose upon or intimidate. Although they avoid direct cnfrontations and conflicts, finding them distasteful, they do not back down if a challenge is thrust upon them. In this respect they are fearless. However, in seemingly non-threatening areas they may manifest all kinds of irrational anxieties which can develop into neurotic behaviour, running the gamut from not liking their things touched or moved, to eccentric superstitions or phobias. They often have a kind of repulsion/attraction for their fears, and may wind up testing themselves again and again (for example, being afraid of heights but repeatedly daring to go up in airplanes, climb mountains, or do hang gliding.-i.e., counter-phobias). Basically June 26 people are attracted by challenge, but rarely object if life is made more comfortable for them, particularly at home.

Number And Planets​

Those born on the 26th of the month are ruled by the number 8 (6+2), and by the planet Saturn. Since Saturn posits responsibility, and a sense of limitation, causion and fatalism, the conservative tendencies of June 26 people are further enhanced in this respect. Those ruled by the number 8 tend to build their lives and careers slowly and carefully, cetainly true in both occupational and money matters for those born on this day. Although they may be actually quite warmhearted, the saturnian influences of those ruled bythe number 8 can make for a forbidding orunsmiling exterior, which can give a cold or detached impression.

Tarot​

The 8th card of the Major Arcana is Strength or Courage, which depicts a graceful queen taming a furious lion. The queen symbolizes the female Magician who can master rebellious energies and stands for moral as well as physical strength. This card's postive attributes include charisma and determination to succed; the negative qualities include complacency and the misuse of power.

Health​

Because of their active nature and decidedly physical orientation, June 26 people must guard against accidents of all sorts, particularly to the legs, chest or abdomen. Those born on this day have a tendency to overdo things in general, and may injure themselves through pulled muscles, weakened blood vessels, extreme fatigue, broken bones and the like. Usually they are good at handling psychological pressure, so they often find themselves in professions which others deem acutley stressful and can't handle. Having children and/or a supportive family life is important to the psychological health of those born on this day, and though they are capable of working at solitary professions or activities, they periodically feel an urgent need to be with the ones they love and share intimacy. Fortunately for their health, June 26 people usually show a marked interest in cooking and food preparation, and have a knack for finding the right vigorous sport or excercise to keep them in good shape.

Advice​

Back off a bit where your children or family are concerned. Have more confidence in their ability to take care of themselves. Don't test yourself so often. Keep it light.

Strengths:
Courageous
Protective
Physical

Weaknesses:

Overly Physical
Phobic
Smothering

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
3rd of August pls :)