Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because we're ugly. Growing up and even this year I was called ugly alot by many people. The truth is I am ugly and ugly women do not capture men's attention. Several months ago I started wearing makeup everyday, changed my wardrobe, and started wearing jewelry more. Guess what? I still can't get anyone. I've never been in a real relationship in my entire life.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I wish I've never lived this long. I so want to take a razor right now and cut my face up. Words can't express my disappointment. People can't help the way they look and this society is very looks oriented. If I were more attractive getting into a relationship wouldn't be so impossible and people in general would be nicer to me.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I want to reach through the computer and give you a hug. It's a cruel world. Sometimes I think I'm married to the only person who finds me attractive. Even when you find someone all the years of disappointment don't magically go away. Self esteem is something you have to continue to work on. Please do something nice for yourself on your birthday.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm sorry you feel so ugly. I agree with 'Weird Woman' though, many very, very ugly women find love - looks really aren't everything! I've had plenty of attention from men, and I really rank very low on the looks scale.

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
pffft it has nothing to do with looks there are women with looks that leave a lot to be desired that get asked out all the time

·
Registered
391 Posts
its alot harder for guys by the way, women sit back and the men come. you cant tell me that you cant get any play off of facebook myspace etc. women always get told compliments there

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
its alot harder for guys by the way, women sit back and the men come. you cant tell me that you cant get any play off of facebook myspace etc. women always get told compliments there
But what if guys never approach you? Then I'd say it's harder for the women because then it's on them to do the approaching. So... yeah.

To the OP - I feel like I'm ugly too. I'm hideous when I smile because my smile is bad. I've almost given up & just let myself go. Even when I try my hardest, I don't get second looks from anyone. It's a lonely world for me. Probably for you too. Now - I have no idea what you look like Jupiter, so I can't say anything about you. But - I feel for you because I know how you feel.

·
Registered
391 Posts
^^ show a little skin, wear make up, dress in todays fashion tailored to what fits you best. fix your hair with todays fashion and after your doing that venture out to places where there are plenty of guys. Bars, clubs at the convenience store and wave, if you wave you will get flirted with, but you should know that the ball is always in your court, you can tear up the # after you get it lol

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I think you're being a little hard on yourself. Looks aren't everything. Use your charming personalty and great sense of humor to win the heart of the boy of your dreams.

559 Posts
I'm sure you already know by now, if you've seen any of my other posts ranting about this topic, that I can relate. I was never fully satisfied with my looks, but didn't think I was that bad looking. I would sometimes even get complimented on my looks when I was younger here and there. I guess as I've aged I've become hella ugly, 'cause guys either don't notice I exist or seem uninterested if not totally repulsed by me, so much so that sometimes it seems they don't even want to make eye contact. *sigh* It ain't easy being an ugly chick. I realize I'll probably be alone forever. I'm just trying to accept that now.

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I never got asked out and I don't think I'm ugly. If you're a hermit or mute, that could be a reason why. If not, then I don't know what else to say. There are "ugly" girls out there that are married and in relationships and beautiful ones that are all alone and f*cked up with all sorts of problems. Try not to be so negative about yourself. I know it's hard and suff, but still.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Looks do mean a lot in today's society when it comes to relationships and friends. But if you're nice and show people your awesome personality I'm sure there are guys that will like you :). I've never seen you, but I've seen girls who I'd rate from 1-3 on the looks scale who have boyfriends and confidence. That's not a knock against you, I'm just saying that you can get into a relationship. Maybe you can change little things about your look to make yourself look more appealing. I'm sure you don't look as bad as you think. Looks aren't everything, stay the great person that you are! :)

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Also, there are "ugly" guys out there too. Not that you should lower your standards at all, that's up to you. But it's not like "ugly" women are the only ones out there looking for people. And I reiterate: I'm sure you don't look as bad as you think! Good Luck :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Like everyone else has said Looks does not decide if you are going to get in a relationship or not. Its pretty shallow to think the only people in relationships are good looking ones. I consider myself ugly (I shouldn't cuz its bad for my self esteem) But I truly do and I've been in relationships with normal guys. Its not easy when you have SA and you think your ugly cuz you really don't think you have anything going for you and I think that shows. I know girls that are not that attractive at all but have great confidence that and believe in themselves and then that makes other people believe in them. You get out what you put in so the saying goes. I think the best way is to become friends with someone first and as they get to know you and like you the more beautiful you become :)

·
thoughts are just thought
1,263 Posts
I'm through with talking about people in generalizations on this board. ie "women have it easier than men" "ugly people have it harder than pretty"

Even if these things are true (and I am not saying they are or aren't) does anyone REALLY care? The truth is, no.

Not a single one of us is on this site because of a "generalization." NOT ONE OF US.

We are here because of a specific, the specific is OUR OWN LIFE!!!

The TC isn't here because "ugly women never get asked out." She is here because SHE never gets asked out. That's a legitimate cause of unhappiness.

But why is it that people who admit they have social anxiety choose blame everything else under the sun for the problems in their social life EXCEPT social anxiety.

The problem with people with social anxiety is we want the world to work AROUND the fact that we have something holding us back, rather than working to overcome it.

If you people take serious steps to fix your social anxiety, your attitude, your outlook and you STILL don't get asked out, come back and we will talk about whether your looks are the issue.

·
electric
6,777 Posts
Refuse to feel badly about yourself.

You can suffer and suffer and suffer and never reach the bottom of it. It is in limitless supply if you want it, and you gain not one once of virtue or karma in exchange. It literally has zero value .. but you can certainly pay yourself to exhaustion.

If you people take serious steps to fix your social anxiety, your attitude, your outlook and you STILL don't get asked out, come back and we will talk about whether your looks are the issue.
+1

·
Registered
525 Posts
My birthday is gonna be in two months and Im in the same situation, never kissed, never nothing. The only romances i have experienced was in my head, when i was dreaming. I know how it feels, it makes u feel like nothing and Im ashamed too

But i do agree with what some people say here, cause some really ugly people do get somehow a boyfriend. I dont know how they do it, maybe voodoo?!

My last girlfriend was a really ugly chick, uglier than me. She had an unattractive face and such a strange fugure that she seriously appeared pregnant, although she wasnt. Clothes were too small sizes with a big belly,(not nice to look at!) a nasty character cause she was always nagging and selfish, a nose which was bigger than mine, very small lips and eyes, but STILL she managed to get herself a boyfriend with a symmetrical face and they are still together. I think maybe because of her big boobs and good sex??

Me, in my case, guys always make me feel inferior when Im around them, I dont feel like myself anymore but so stupid, dumb and desperate. I dont see myself having a boyfriend, like i cant see myself having friends. I cant imagine anyone liking me and not thinking Im pathetic..laughing at me out of pity..

I wonder do u have friends. I actually think if thats not the case, u should start there and from there to finding a boyfriend

·
Registered
525 Posts
Also being called ugly all my life, lately it doenst happen to me anymore cause Im focussing on other aspects of my life than love. Used to go out with the idea, please let there be a guy looking at me and so aware of looks. I still feel and am ugly but i dont walk around with shoulders down, being very aware of my looks anymore.

i go out to do groceries and the other people can just go to hell, if someone would die in front of me i would just walk on. People suck so much, ive accepted in a way that they think im ugly, only im not gonna give them the pleasure to walk around in life with the expression on my face how i feel inside.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts