Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being 50 lbs lighter than I used to be, I feel that weight discrimination is a real issue. I don't know... I mean, I used to be called fat and ugly in school. But since my size is out of the way, I feel a whole lot more free. I feel like I can do so many things without being laughed at or being singled out for my weight. I talk about weight discrimination because I know first-hand what it is like to be fat and have experienced being thin. This can be used as evidence to show that there is indeed weight discrimination and that fat people aren't just "making it up". They say that obese and overweight children live lives comparable to the lives of cancer patients. I pretty much agree.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I totally agree, Im the opposite though, I was never overweight until a few years ago. Even overweight adults get discriminated against. Being a woman trying to buy nice clothes, that suit your age, is a nightmare.. You know the world hates fat people when you have to go to the granny section of the department store and you only 24, when just a few years ago I used to shop at those lil teen shops, actually enjoy clothes shopping and men would wolf whistle at you (which I hated by the way) But now I dont even get a look by men and it makes you miss the disgusting attention from men. :rain

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I totally agree, Im the opposite though, I was never overweight until a few years ago. Even overweight adults get discriminated against. Being a woman trying to buy nice clothes, that suit your age, is a nightmare.. You know the world hates fat people when you have to go to the granny section of the department store and you only 24, when just a few years ago I used to shop at those lil teen shops, actually enjoy clothes shopping and men would wolf whistle at you (which I hated by the way) But now I dont even get a look by men and it makes you miss the disgusting attention from men. :rain
Totally agree.
It's probably one of the main reasons I tend to stay inside. And that's awful, but I'm starting to think it's true.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts