Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
I'm not Dead...Yet
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've seen on almost every dating site out there, most women want to talk and have a conversation first before being attracted enough to a guy to go out on a first date, and for guys with SA, that's a big not happening in most cases. It's amazing how this didn't dawn on me until today.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I can talk well online, but try to phone call or skype with me, and I turn into a pool of jelly on the floor.

It gets even worse if you go on dinner dates. I've sat with pretty girls across the table from me, and I always feel inadequate. Which makes the conversation weird.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Wrong. There are two reasons why SA men fail with women.

1. They lack initiative. They don't message/approach any woman.
2. They are low-status males, which repulses quite a bit of women.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
I can talk well online, but try to phone call or skype with me, and I turn into a pool of jelly on the floor.

It gets even worse if you go on dinner dates. I've sat with pretty girls across the table from me, and I always feel inadequate. Which makes the conversation weird.
Ahh alas, yes.

·
Banned
8,077 Posts
Wrong. There are two reasons why SA men fail with women.

1. They lack initiative. They don't message/approach any woman.
2. They are low-status males, which repulses quite a bit of women.
This.

Well, half right. Your status has nothing to do with it. It's your confidence level.

Apparently no matter how many times I say it, people never listen. Work on bettering yourself and a relationship will come.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
This.

Well, half right. Your status has nothing to do with it. It's your confidence level.

Apparently no matter how many times I say it, people never listen. Work on bettering yourself and a relationship will come.
Guys with low confidence and high status will pull beautiful women.
Guys with high confidence but low status aren't getting sh!t.

Besides, having low status and being very confident makes you come off as cocky because you don't have much in your life to back it up.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
It's actually easier to talk online first, than it is in real life.
Talking online by text, yes. When they want to talk on the phone or Skype, not so much. I personally think it's easier for me to talk in person than on the phone.

·
Banned
8,077 Posts

Besides, having low status and being very confident makes you come off as cocky because you don't have much in your life to back it up.
Your perceptions are terribly flawed.

Ambition is also a key trait, but that goes hand in hand with confidence.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts

I can think of a million examples of people throughout my life who barely had a pot to piss in but were confident and therefore were able to get girls. My cousin, for example - who is on all kinds of medication, has no money, and has a back injury that plagues him...has been with more girls than I can dream of. Oh yeh, and he lives at home at age 32. I've mentioned this before but this girl I know's brother - former heroin addict, lives at home, works at McDonald's, less than average looking...but somehow he is able to date. I can list exactly 999,998 more, but you get the idea.

If a guy walks into a bar, for example, and is confident, when he talks to girls it really doesn't matter what his "status" is. Girls aren't going to know every negative thing about the guy before he charms her enough for her to like him. Once that happens, it doesn't really matter what his background is. Pushing a woman's buttons the right way is the most important thing, not status. Yes, a rich guy with no confidence is going to do okay, but a poor guy with confidence will do just fine, perhaps even better.

·
Banned
1,437 Posts

i am(or was) living proof that this is totally 100% wrong.I had NO status but faked being confident and sure of myself(sometimes to the point of arrogance) and i did just fine.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Status is not always measured in wealth.

And if Justin Bieber was awkward around girls, they'd still find it adorable, and they'd still want to screw him.

It's about how many friends you have, how people perceive you, how people like you, how people want to be associated to you. PUAs are masters at pretending that they're "all that".

Confidence is a trivial trait, unless it's so bad that it's annoying (whining all the time).

Here's a nice status/attraction story:

Women will say how gross it is when a guy has had a ton of sex partners. Deep down inside, it makes women want him, but women rarely admit to that.

The best example of that are college football players. At my college there was this 6' hot chick (a friend of a friend) that was wondering if the star running back had a bunch of sex partners because he was the star running back or because he was good at sex. First time she met him, she flirted with him and took him home. She said he busted after 2 pumps. He wanted to get with her again to prove he's not a 2 pump chump. She denied his request, laughed at him and told everyone about it. That guy got laid just because he already had numerous sex partners. After his senior season ended and he could no longer use the athletes' weight room, he joined a regular gym. The girl at the front desk at my gym always talked about how gross he was for sleeping around. When he approached her, they soon became gf/bf. It's interesting how status gets a guy laid so easily.

·
Registered
12,772 Posts
Yeah, the world isn't made for the strong, silent types. And that is not just dating. Try having a decent career by expecting people to notice your capabilities. Whether it is dating or anything else, it is all about selling yourself and creating an image that what you are is better than it is in reality.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Status is not always measured in wealth.

And if Justin Bieber was awkward around girls, they'd still find it adorable, and they'd still want to screw him.

It's about how many friends you have, how people perceive you, how people like you, how people want to be associated to you. PUAs are masters at pretending that they're "all that".

Confidence is a trivial trait, unless it's so bad that it's annoying (whining all the time).

Here's a nice status/attraction story:
Lol, the running back story happens in every highschool and college in all states in this country.

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
Maybe try to talk to some women without being anxious abotu dating them? Such as a friend of some friends, or someone who works where you frequently go to etc

I found out that one must be able to carry a discussion without any overtones of trying to form a relation with the other person.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Yeah, the world isn't made for the strong, silent types. And that is not just dating. Try having a decent career by expecting people to notice your capabilities. Whether it is dating or anything else, it is all about selling yourself and creating an image that what you are is better than it is in reality.
You have to have a "big mouth" to get ahead in this life. The only time being "strong and silent" applies is when you are in prison or you are using "brawn"(professional sports) to make your living even then you have to sell yourself.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts