Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read long time ago “our thoughts have a great power”.

Today I had such a STRANGE mood.

I saw a dog. She was terrible. At the moment I had a picture in my mind like she is biting my leg through.
No she didn’t! :))) But she started barking at me. Fortunately I escaped.

During the day I had few similar situations. I should stop it.

Thinking always has some kind of mood. Like all the things have its color and all the instruments some harmony.

Sometimes it’s up to me “to tune” myself. Some melody or good action can help.

But sometimes I feel like I’m in the bottom of deep draw-well. It is quite comfortable in there. But it is hard. Hope u understand me.

·
Registered
247 Posts
:agree thoughts are what make SA or what overcome SA coz everything we do is based on thoughts or feelings and feelings are also connected with thoughts in many ways.....

tnx for sharing!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Okay this post is old but I'm going to reply anyway. I have posted about this before but for a while I had huge panic attacks. I would let my mind go crazy and I would be so afraid, I would say to myself, "I can't breath" or "I'm having a heart attack!"

Then after I learned about what panic attacks were I started to change my thought pattern. Instead of, "What is happening to me?!" I will always keep firmly in my mind that this is only a panic attack, it will pass. I think things like "I will be okay. Everything is fine. If I stop breathing, my body will take over that function. There is nothing to be afraid of." And after about a year I am almost panic attack free. Learning to change my thought pattern practically cured me of panic attacks (although I still have them sometimes).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, Squizzy, it’s a real example!!

Don’t wait for attacks, tune yourself at positive.

“I did it! I decreased the number of panic attacks. I can get with it. “

Long for positive.

Try to keep smile on your face. Firstly you’ll have to force yourself even. But then you’ll see – it’s like a ball. You throw and it comes back to you.

That’s what I use and it works for me )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts