Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"the power of now" by Eckhart Tolle (audio CD) is a book I read and I actually met a counselor through eckharttolle.com. I've been working with him for over 6 months and my life has changed.

Also, "The Sedona Method" can be bought on audio CD, and you can sell it back on amazon or ebay after you copy it. It teaches you how to let go of negative emotions and even fear, naturally.

Best of Luck

Patrick

·
Registered
54 Posts
I found using the power of now to stop thinking so much helpful. I downloaded the audio book and found it easier to digest than the book - becuase I think there's a lot of stuff which is just difficult to digest. It was a very long audio book and it was kind of strange - but I found being able to 'observe the thinker' to stop from thinking and be more "present" helps to reduce anxiety.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I first read the Power of Now a year and a half ago and re-read the book 6 times. Have also "Stillness Speaks and a couple of hi tapes series. His latest book "A New Earth" (which would be the consequence of an emerging higher conciousness) I am half way through. Am on the chapter "Breaking Free" from the pain body. The new books greatly clarifies many points I was unclear on. I got the new book for 12 something via amazon.
I consider myself a recovered SAD person for about 7 years now. But I have acqiured " a great deal of pain body experience as secondary effects of long term SAD. E.T.'s books has been of great help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts