Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my strong opinion that the reason most people have "SAD" is due to the limiting negative beliefs they "installed" through their experiences, mostly at ages from 0-12 years.

It's all because of your beliefs, "people are not nice" for example.

Here's yet ANOTHER example of someone who's had clinical "proof" of the power of beliefs:

And the good news is, we can change our beliefs, it's not that hard, just takes a bit of work.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spam?

:no:no:no
assumption?

You must have contributed HUGE amount of value in all of your 6 posts...

especially considering the beauty you just posted here...

·
Banned
229 Posts
I agree. I have a very negative mindset because of past experiences. The age range that you noted (0-12)? I think you could probably extend it. That would be the case for me.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. I have a very negative mindset because of past experiences. The age range that you noted (0-12)? I think you could probably extend it. That would be the case for me.
Ages 0-12 is what most psychological professionals apparently regard as the time when we are most receptive to negative beliefs, via traumatic experiences, and in fact 0-6 is when we absorb ideas most readily without using our own judgement first. 0-6 we are in almost a trance state from what I've studied, (think hyper suggestible such as hypnosis)

This site has some more detailed information on the actual brain wave features based on different age brackets:

http://www.pediatrics.emory.edu/divisions/neurology/pedeeg.html

Of course we are always being programmed, but it's the programming at a really early age that usually gives us the beliefs that we then base most of our daily life decisions on, and this goes on until we die, unless we change the programming.

Thank heavens it's possible to change our beliefs!!! :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice message for someone who has only 6 post.. Way to go..Maybe because he is so "new", he wasn't sure if he should answer it and was looking for guidance from a member who has been here longer and heard your post about EFT.

Maybe it was you who made an assumption?
YOU!!

you were just waiting to have another chance to have a go, weren't you :boogie

EDIT: I think it's perfectly reasonable to get edgy when people flame my threads, as you should very well know by now DaveyBoy

By all means, reply, but don't just reply with "spam?" that's not a contribution. I apologise to you totalloner if you didn't understand or know what you were doing, but generally those kinds of non-constructive posts will get a bad response.

My bad if it was just innocence on your part, I do apologise for jumping to conclusions. It just happens a LOT on this forum.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used this video as an example of the power of belief, when I did my last EFT talk. And yes, I'm also bumping this thread so more people see it : )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts