Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the day that could have ended in hell actually ended up in heaven (so to speak). Had probably the most important presentation of my life this-morning which was a seminar on my engineering project to the top engineer and director of the largest aerospace company in the southern hemisphere. My god it was nerve racking but some deep breathes and belief in myself led to a really successful meeting and all present seemed quite impressed with my work which honestly feels incredible.

On top of that I managed to get invited to a friends place to watch a big football match on tomorrow night and most of my buddies from school will be there. Normally I would make an excuse to get out of something like this instantly but I think being on a high all afternoon was enough to give me the confidence to say yes. Should be a good experience and a good opportunity to try some techniques I have learned in therapy lately as well.

Hope this high continues and I can feed off it but things are finally starting to loop up!

·
sp chick
222 Posts
Well the day that could have ended in hell actually ended up in heaven (so to speak). Had probably the most important presentation of my life this-morning which was a seminar on my engineering project to the top engineer and director of the largest aerospace company in the southern hemisphere. My god it was nerve racking but some deep breathes and belief in myself led to a really successful meeting and all present seemed quite impressed with my work which honestly feels incredible.

On top of that I managed to get invited to a friends place to watch a big football match on tomorrow night and most of my buddies from school will be there. Normally I would make an excuse to get out of something like this instantly but I think being on a high all afternoon was enough to give me the confidence to say yes. Should be a good experience and a good opportunity to try some techniques I have learned in therapy lately as well.

Hope this high continues and I can feed off it but things are finally starting to loop up!
Congrats!!!!! i could imagine how you feel !!! today was actually a very wonderful day for me as well!! i actually made a speech!!! something I have been dreading for a few years and I actually feared I would not graduate because of this speech class and I finally did it today!!! it was very small and short (2 mins) i was a little nervous, but the point is i had the guts to go up and do it and i feel on top on the fuqin world right now!!! i don't think I will ever be as anxious abotu public speaking as i was before....!! congrats to you!!!!

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, yeah we do stress a lot but in a sense I'm kind of glad I do because I make sure to go to the extra effort to practice and know my topic inside out. If I was confident I probably would not prepare so well.

Great to hear your success rockst4r, 2mins or 20 it doesn't matter because it's that getting up there which is the challenge.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Great job, Ospi! :) :boogie :boogie :boogie

What design tool do you use for your engineering?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts