Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I know that Social Anxiety can be a real drag sometimes, but I know of at least one positive thing to come from it. (At least for me.)

It's extremely hard for me to hurt someone's feelings. If I even think about saying something mean, my anxiety kicks in and I no longer feel the need to be ugly to someone.

Its kind of like a conscious on steroids, when the conscience fails, the Anxiety Disorder succeeds. I think that this is actually a pretty nice gift. It allows me to stay level headed in times that would infuriate others. So for that, I will say thank you S.A.D.

Does the anxiety make any of you feel the same way?

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah, it makes me feel like that, too. One day a co-worker was amazed that I said something even remotely mean about a crazy old lady who was always visiting work and annoying the hell out of everyone. She didn't think "such a sweet girl like me" would say anything like that. I think all I said was "I wouldn't trust her in my house alone!" (..they were talking about her pulling dandelions from yards, she got in trouble for pulling the neighbours dandelions..) After I said that, the co-worker said "wow, you know someone is really annoying when the sweetest person ever says something mean about them"...what!? lol I don't really think of myself as "sweet"..haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts