Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A cut and paste from yahoo...

Leverage:
"We should leverage our investment in IT infrastructure across multiple business units to drive profits."

Reach out:
"Jim decided to reach out to this underutilized demographic."

It is what it is:
"The server is down, and clients are irate. It is what it is.

Viral:
"Our training video has gone viral."

Game changer:
"The switch from LAN to WiFi was a game changer for our productivity."

Disconnect:
"There is a disconnect between our customers' wants and their page views."

Value-add:
"Where's the value-add in this increase in spending?"

Circle back:
"I have to go, but I will circle back with the client later."

Interface:
"My job requires me to interface with all levels of the firm."

Cutting edge:
"Our cutting-edge technology gives us a competitive advantage."

And one that I have heard used: Shoot the puppy: Doing the unthinkable.

Your thoughts?

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
  • facilitate
  • partnership/partner with

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
"Can I see you in my office for a minute?"

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I hear most of those a lot- I tend to hate corporate speak but I use it myself so I guess I can't complain.

One I use a lot is "push back" as in we're experience a lot of push back from the client regarding the new procedure we've implemented.

·
Registered
931 Posts
team leader, coach, teams....it's an office job for pete's sake!

What really bothers me is how people talk rather than what they say. It's that fake-friendly-manipulative tone of voice...

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Processes

SOP

Regulations

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
Mmm, yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too. We've got some new people coming in and we... need to play catch-up. Yeah, that'd be greeeeeeat.

Oh, and next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day. [silence] So, you know, if you want to you can go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.

Listen, are you gonna have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?

Processes

SOP

Regulations
Oh man, I hate SOPs. We are supposed to review like 30 10-page SOPs to make sure we're lock step in line with procedure- it's such BS, such a waste of valuable time.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Mmm, yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too. We've got some new people coming in and we... need to play catch-up. Yeah, that'd be greeeeeeat.

Oh, and next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day. [silence] So, you know, if you want to you can go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.

Oh man, I hate SOPs. We are supposed to review like 30 10-page SOPs to make sure we're lock step in line with procedure- it's such BS, such a waste of valuable time.
lol i love office space.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts

Oh aren't those things annoying. Especially in conjunction with a flow-chart and how you have to familiarize yourself with the process.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts