Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided that I'm going to stop looking in the mirror every five minutes. I read an article on improving low self esteem/improving self confidence, and one of the things that was cited was that you should stop obsessing over your appearance, and giving yourself a chance to bully yourself.

Seems like a good idea, right?

Well, I'm having trouble with it so far. Hopefully, I'll be able to get through it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah sounds like a good idea. We have a mirror at the bottom of the stairs where I live so I find looking at my reflection hard to avoid. I don't know why I do bother looking at it because it always ends up with either negative thoughts or overinflated positive thoughts that are crushed soon after I walk out my frontdoor.

·
uggla
10,068 Posts
When I put my make-up on, I dim the lights so I only see a "rough" version of myself, haha. I prefer thinking that I look good when I'm going somewhere. I avoid looking at myself in mirrors unless I want to fix my hair etc. It's definitely better to not obsess over looking into mirrors all the time, OP. You just keep seeing faults.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Mirrors don't lie girl. Pictures do. I look like I gained a whopping 10 lbs. every time I see a photo of myself. I look fine in the mirror but when it comes to pictures, that's just like okay I am not THAT ugly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts